B2-05 weak in western NJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalus

Has anybody else noticed that B2-05 is very weak for the past couple of weeks? My commute is from Hunterdon County on Route 78 to Route 24 at Springfield. In the past the channel was virtually non-stop traffic. Now just an occasional pop until somewhere around Warren then it seems to come back.

I don't think it is my radio or antenna since troop C is full quieting the entire trip.

C

comsec1

how are other b troop tg's

How are other TG's received in the exact same places you receive b2-5, try some other b troop channels and see if they are just as weak. if thet are just as poor as the one you describe than I would suspect a system coverage issue. also about a month ago the c- troop site at cherryville was removed and maybe some b-troop traffic was better in c-troop and due to the omnilink feature and with c-troop gone your not receiving it as good. this could be just one of many reasons.

daedalus

I still hear B2 Central, North and Sussex OK in the same area. It's just B2-05 that seems to be amongst the missing.

I'd not be surprised if it were something related to the Cherryville tower, although I don 't know what. Now that I think of it, I still receive the C-Troop TGs without any problems. My home is in the Kingwood SP area so I know I'm still getting them without any problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.