B796D Talkgroups Appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone!
I've noticed that after programming my 796D, talkgroup IDs have automatically started appearing in the ID Lists... they havent been overwriting the ones I programmed in, but filling in empty spaces where I have nothing programmed in. This is after using ProScan to upload the data onto the scanner.

The other funny thing I noticed, even after I download the bank ID List, delete the unwanted IDs and upload the clean list back to the scanner, they're still actually on the scanner as if I hadn't deleted them in the first place.

Anyone know why this is happening to me?

Thanks!!!

garys

Premium Subscriber
Make sure that you are in ID Scan mode, not ID Search Mode. The 796D will show the IDs with alphatags of TGs that you have programmed in. It will show the IDs without alphatags for "new" IDs. It's a fairly easy mistake to make.

captclint

Mentor
Hello Everyone!
I've noticed that after programming my 796D, talkgroup IDs have automatically started appearing in the ID Lists... they havent been overwriting the ones I programmed in, but filling in empty spaces where I have nothing programmed in. This is after using ProScan to upload the data onto the scanner.
I've had the 796 for several years, and monitor TRS in the IDsearch mode most of the time. However, I have done ID scan, and NEVER had TGID's entered into the scanner's memory. I can't imagine how that could be done without your doing a manual add each time you saw an ID in the IDsearch mode. I don't use proscan, but my software(ARC) wipes out all TGID's before it up loads. this almost sounds like a software problem. Might try asking in the software group.

DJ88

When those talk groups appear, the ones you have not programmed, do you see an ID List location to the left of the actual talk group number at the top of the display?

Yes, I do... and its odd enough that they'll assign themselves different numbers within the ID List... some will fall at 1-1-3,4,5,6 and there will be a large gap, with others appearing at 1-2-1....

Status
Not open for further replies.