Babylon Village Public Safety Suffolk County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jl942264

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,
Does anyone happen to know the Babylon Village Public Safety frequency? I had a scanner with it in it years ago but it went underwater in Sandy. I can't remember if its low-band or VHF. The antennas on the cars look like Lowband but I cannot remember the frequency. If anyone knows it please let me know I'd appreciate it!

Stay healthy all!

WB2QGZ

Babylon town public safety is on there. I can't remember if it's one and the same or different..
The Babylon Town channel on that list is now DMR. Not sure where Babylon Village is but their not on the Town channel. FCC ULS search shows nothing but fire channels for the village.

n2jtx

Babylon Village is 45.4800 85.4 PL under their KEG696 license which is also their FD license. I had been meaning to submit a database update but had not gotten around to it. It is submitted and should appear someday under the Suffolk County data.

Jl942264

Premium Subscriber
I never even thought to look there! Great catch!! Thank you for the info!

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Does Babylon village have its own public safety? I could not find a listing for them on the village of babylon site.

n2jtx

I believe they call them Special Service/Code Enforcement officers
Code Enforcement is what I see around the village with "BV-xxx" plates. They are the ones that issue parking tickets at the meters and municipal lots (I park in Lot "A") but occasionally respond to FD/EMS calls too. Especially when there is an EMS call at the railroad station.

Status
Not open for further replies.