BAC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirScan

Boston Center actually make their Sector Charts available to the general public in the form of a Letter to Airman that can be accessed through NOTAMs (Notice to Airman). They are the only Center I'm aware of that does this. I've attached copies below. They are very basic but do show the sector name, borders, and frequencies.

I believe Bob (ATCTech) was referring to this page ...

Boston (ZBW) Air Route Traffic Control Center Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

AS

Attachments

• ZBW High.pdf
    101.3 KB · Views: 80
  • ZBW Low.pdf
    112.5 KB · Views: 75

ATCTech

Yup, good work guys, that data should allow you to figure the approximate coverage ATC is getting out of each remote frequency.

Carry on monitoring and if you have any other questions by all means just ask. I think a lot of people discount air band monitoring because they generally only hear one side of the conversations and they have no easy way of learning the general "processes" of controlling aircraft. I'm always happy to see folks taking the time to learn more about the way the system operates.

Bob

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Great maps Airscan! Thanks. Bob, I have a passion for all things related to flying and ATC.
As a photographer I have had the pleasure of attending air shows where I photograph AND monitor at the same time. Helps to get that great picture if you know who's coming from what direction, etc..
I run a Pro-2042 for searches and have two BCT 15Xs dedicated to Civil and Milair both with filters from Par Electronics for each band to keep out as much interference as possible. Of all the things I listen to, aviation is my favorite!

Manny

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Boston ARTCC is also the most widely available enroute facility on LiveATC.net. I've found a feed for literally every sector. Granted this is online listening, but without range being a factor for the listener; you could use it to your advantage by tracking down active sector splits (as well as the traffic flows) and then translate that down for your local listening area.

I'm south central US so LiveATC is the only way I can listen in. But if you are physically near the areas mentioned, you could definantly use it as an assistant for local scanner listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.