Back To Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelica231

Premium Subscriber
Greetings All,

In the process of cleaning I came across a Radio Shack Pro-197 that I purchased last year and forgot about. That's what happens when life gets in the way; it was sort of one of those "oh ya" moments. I just purchased a PSR600 so I guess I am 'scannered up' for a while. My thought is to use one for broadcasting, but that is a few steps down the road. I was into scanners several years ago, having a pair of Pro 2008 scanners. They were relatively easy to program compared to the new ones, so I am a relative newbie when it comes to programing these new scanners. I have been on and off RR since 2007.

Here's my question - can someone guide me to the data for monitoring 'just' Ramsey County? The reason I ask is that I am listening to the RR feed for 'St. Paul Police and Fire and Ramsey County. Problem being it seems like it's everything BUT Ramsey County. Any help would be appreciated :)

Kathi - N0FKA
PS - Anyone going to Midwinter Madness and the end of March?

Radio Shack Pro-197/PSR 600, Pro 2008 (2)>Susie/Mandriva Linux

911scanner

Hi Angelica,

It is quite easy to figure out. Go to the top of this page. Just under the RR.com banner are a handful of clickable links.

Click "Databases" -->

Now click on the picture of Minnesota -->

Now click on Ramsey County -->

Now click on Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response (ARMER) link.

Oh, forget it. Just copy this ( Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response (ARMER) Trunking System, Various, Minnesota - Scanner Frequencies ) and paste it into your browser.

The top portion of the page shows towers and the frequencies for those towers. You'll see the Ramsey simulcast listing on there. You need to enter those frequencies into your scanner(s)

Scrolling down that same page about 2/3rd's, you'll see the talk groups associated with Ramsey County.

GL.

MM

Status
Not open for further replies.