Back To School 2014-2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning to everyone. I wanted to remind everyone to submit new info on their school districts for the 2014-2015 school year. I already have a zone or two of schools and school busses. I will be submitting new info once I hear it for my area.

CrabbyMilton

Well, it's pretty much the same here in Milwaukee in regards to school and school bus frequencies. I'm going thru partial withdrawl since our state fair is over but now, I can look forward to listening to school buses. It's always crazy on the first day of school with kids getting on the wrong buses and behaving like animals. Then again, that's the whole year.

Well, it's pretty much the same here in Milwaukee in regards to school and school bus frequencies. I'm going thru partial withdrawl since our state fair is over but now, I can look forward to listening to school buses. It's always crazy on the first day of school with kids getting on the wrong buses and behaving like animals. Then again, that's the whole year.

I totally agree with you on that. On the last day of school and a little before that gets really crazy.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987

It's the dispatchers that are the animals school year round. The way some of them in the Chicago southern suburbs berated and yelled at the drivers is criminal. God forbid they made even the tiniest of errors, they got a royal chewing out over the air. Haven't had a chance to program in Indiana school bus frequencies yet, so I don't know (yet) how they sound.

It's the dispatchers that are the animals school year round. The way some of them in the Chicago southern suburbs berated and yelled at the drivers is criminal. God forbid they made even the tiniest of errors, they got a royal chewing out over the air. Haven't had a chance to program in Indiana school bus frequencies yet, so I don't know (yet) how they sound.

Our dispacher doesnt act like an animal. When the drivers act like an animal they get sent into the office. The dispatcher tells them not to do it over the air. When I say that I mean talk smack about other drivers.

CrabbyMilton

My goof I should have said the school year so I may have misled when speaking of year round school buses. There is some activity but mostly day camps, summer schools, and adult charters. Much less stress in those sort of assignments. Generally, the dispatchers and drivers conduct themselves pretty well considering the factors. Years ago, one company used to have a real problem with drivers acting like complete turds. I'm not using that term lightly either. You name it and they would say it over the air. All the dispatcher would do it tell them to keep it off the air. It got so bad that legitimate traffic could not get thru for several minutes at a time. Of course, on the last day it was even crazier with foul language and stupid noises since many of the drivers had no intentions of returning next school year. Now, they have radios with ID's so there is virtually none of that childishness on the radio as it should be. If they want to talk stupid, they can call each other on the cell phone or FRS in their spare time.

wbswetnam

Some of my best scanner monitoring has been of schools and school busses. Fights, false fire alarms, riots in the cafeteria, accidents involving school busses, school bus drivers sobbing and blubbering "I hate this f****** job!" over the radio, I've heard it all... great stuff can be heard over school district radio channels sometimes!

CrabbyMilton

I've heard similar things like that too. Glad I'm not a kid these days. One time a driver kept asking what time it was. Finally the dispatcher said why don't you get a watch. The driver said that he can't afford one. Then another driver said that the company should buy him a watch since they're the one's with all of the blank blank money. I seem to remember one driver that had such a bad time of it that she told the dispatcher to send someone over to get the bus and kids she quit. She already called a cab, friend or family member to pick her up at the location. The dispatcher tried to calm her down and not leave the kids alone but she was unwavering. A buddy of mine told a story once (second hand or more) that a driver got so fed up with the brats that he parked his bus in front of a police station, handed the keys to them and started to walk out. They told him he can't do that. He said jail would be better then those kids but they just let him go.

bpckty1

Speaking of animals, how about a Katy ISD, TX, Jr. High School on the first day of teacher preparation for the new year finding a 5-foot alligator at the front door of the school. It was caught, chastised, and safely returned to the wild.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Dont schools normally get in the weeks of Aug,18-22 and Aug,25-29. Schools dont normally get in September do they?

My son started school on the 4th. Yikes!!

Back in my day, about 35 to 40 years ago, we didn't start school until the Wednesday after Labor Day. My oh my how times have changed.

All of our bus freqs for our school districts did not change. Also our first day for District 150 in Peoria was a crazy day for them. Nothing was done to me before opening day today. At least I graduated already.

Status
Not open for further replies.