SDS100/SDS200: Background colors and text?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandlair

Hi all, I know I cant set colors for talk groups i.e. red for fire, blue for pd , etc! But can I set different colors for different systems background colors and texts?

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Yes, you can set different colors for systems, departments and channels. You can change the background colors and the font colors to your liking, as well as the details view and all of the backgrounds and colors in the small text areas. Lots of different views and arrangements to customize the way you want. Have fun with it!

JD
kf4anc

mandlair

All you can do is set colors for each display field and all Talk Groups and Systems use the same colors.
That is what I thought. So really there is no customization at all then! So the displays background and text will be the same in all fields for different systems? WOW!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
This has been discussed many times. Here are a few links. The text color can't be changed based on service. However the Alert Light can.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
There is a thread here somewhere, maybe someone can post the link, showing how you can customize the different system, department and channel background options, as well as the minor fields in the detailed view display.

mandlair

There is a thread here somewhere, maybe someone can post the link, showing how you can customize the different system, department and channel background options, as well as the minor fields in the detailed view display.
Yes but that would be for every system, department, and channel. Correct?

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Now that I reread it, yeah there is only one option for the system colors, departments, and channels fields. One background and color per each.

mandlair

Disappointed I thought different when I purchased. But still a great scanner though, But was expecting a lot more of the customizing of color screen!

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
As posted use the alert light. Each added option takes up memory space and we are only dealing with a limited memory space for future upgrades. Just remember until UPMan gets back I do not see very much happening as the last update was when he was here.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
If we did have the option to display different colors for each UID, System or Talkgroup, would there be a performance hit as that info is read each time the channel becomes active. I would think something must give at some point and start slowing things down.

Status
Not open for further replies.