BCD396XT: Backlight differences between two units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-B

I have two BCD396XT's. An older one from when they were first released and a newer one I bought a couple of months ago. The keypad light on the older one is nice and bright and matches the brighness of the display. The newer one has a very weak dim keypad light. This could be due to one of two things. Either the led's they used on the the newer one are different or the translucent rubbery keypad piece is not as translucent on the newer one. Does anyone know which of these it is? If the rubbery keypad piece itself is what is different they I may switch them and put the older 396's keypad piece in the newer scanner.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Are the display settings exactly the same on both (backlight, color, contrast, dimmer)?

I seem to remember an issue long ago where the first batch of either the 396T or XT where the "ink" on the keypad buttons rubbed away pretty easy and had to be replaced.

ChrisABQ

WRKQ847
Feed Provider
I have the same issue with the BCT15X's. My older one is nice and bright and the newer one is darker, more like the medium setting on the older one.

Tim-B

The display settings are the same on both. I have them set to dim and cyan. If I turn up the brightness so I can easily see the keypad on the new one then the display is way too bright in a dark room and if I turn it back to dim so the display is at a comfortable level then the keypad is too dim and hard to see kinda like on the 436. There should be a way to set them independently.

Status
Not open for further replies.