Backlight-on-Squelch option

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaRebel

Premium Subscriber
Where is Backlight-on-Squelch option located in the menu on the BCD436?

Thanks

GaRebel

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Got it. More you learn, the more you like this scanner!

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
The only downside to using the Backlight on Squelch option is that it overrides the Backlight timer options

NYPDAUX

You also can go into that black light settings and setthe dinner to infinite and whenever you want the light to stay on just press the power button and to stay on until you press the power button again to turn it off

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
You also can go into that black light settings and setthe dinner to infinite and whenever you want the light to stay on just press the power button and to stay on until you press the power button again to turn it off

Kinda, I found that if you set the backlight to infinite and have backlight on squelch settings as well as soon as the carrier drops the backlight goes off. Almost as if the fail safe of the 436 turns off the light at whatever setting tells it to turn off first wins, regardless of how you turned the backlight on.

Dinner

Tapatalk

I set the black light to come on after dinner, infinitely. Otherwise the white rice looks purple.

Other than that, I fully support posting from a "smart phone".

NYPDAUX

That doesn't happen with mine I can press the power button until I press the power button again and then if I leave it off for a while this quote traction kicks in and whatever its called gets hit the lights up again for 10 seconds

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.