Backlight Settings on my 668

Status
Not open for further replies.

kibler

Feed Provider
Hello...This is not a big deal, but a few days ago I played around with Backlight Settings in EZscan and set the MODE to 'Key Press' & 'Key Press' so the display Backlight would not come on until a channel keyed up! This worked great for about 3 or 4 days, but then failed and light stopped coming on! The voice comes on but no light? I reloaded new configuration settings, but still not working like it did! Any ides that I could try? Thanks

kibler

Feed Provider
Swipesy.....I would have thought that loading new configuration to this Folder would have 'reset' ever thing, but it had no effect?????......yet????

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
LModeBAT/Backlight Settings-Mode (Batt) Controls how the backlight operates on battery power. Default is Key/Key Press.
LModeEXT/Backlight Settings-Mode (Pwr) Controls how the backlight operates on external power. Default is On.
Note: see also Backlight Mode/Light for object backlight settings.
On - backlight is always on.
Stlth - backlight is always off.
Norml - backlight turns on when the power key is pressed for the amount of time set in LiteTime.
Key/Key Press - backlight turns on when any key is pressed (and used) for the amount of time set in LiteTime.
Ignor - works like 'Key' but the key's normal function is ignored for the first press. Pressing any key again (when the light is on) will activate that key's function.
Scanner Press or to select On, Stlth, Norml, Key, or Ignor.
Software General Settings > Backlight Settings > Mode (Batt and Pwr)- On, Stealth, Normal, Key Press, or Ignore First Key Press.

LiteArea/Backlight Settings-Area Controls what is lighted. Default is Both.
Both - lights the display and keypad.
LCD - lights the display only.
Keybd - lights the keypad only.
Scanner Press or to select Both, LCD, or Keybd.
Software General Settings > Backlight Settings > Area- Both, LCD, or Keys.
Contents
LiteTime/Timeout Controls the amount of time the LiteArea stays on when LMode is set to Key/Key Press, Ignor, or Norml. Default is 5.
Scanner Press SEL or to edit. Enter the number of seconds, 1 - 99.
Press or to select the first digit, then to move the cursor and select the second digit.
Press SEL to save and exit.
Software General Settings > Backlight Settings > Timeout- 1-99.

LiteLevel/Backlight Settings-Level Controls the brightness of the backlight and (if enabled) the Alert LED. Default is 4.
Scanner Press or to select Low, 2-10, or High.
Software General Settings > Backlight Settings > Level- Low, 2-10, or High.

Easier to Read Pro-668/PSR800 Digital Scanner and EZ-Scan/iScan Software Manual

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Hi buddrousa... Sorry I'm not sure what you mean! Thanks

under the general tab in ezscan.....

Under backlight settings set Mode (Batt) to Keypress

Set mode (pwr) to ON

This will keep the backlight on while plugged in and scanning. But running off the battery you will need to press a key to have a backlight.

kibler

Feed Provider
Thanks for the reply and information buddrousa! The settings that I used (and it only worked a few days) is just like Wackyracer suggested! Thanks for the suggestions

Michael-SATX

Random Question that perhaps affected your backlight Op ?

Thanks for the reply and information buddrousa! The settings that I used (and it only worked a few days) is just like Wackyracer suggested! Thanks for the suggestions

Hmm, did you by chance upgrade your RS Pro-668 with the world famous Whistler 1080 DMR Upgrade ?
If yes, what versions do you now show after pressing the MENU key during the Welcome Startup Screen ?
Example:
uP Appl Ver:U3.8
DSP App Ver:3.0 / DSP Voc Ver:1.8
DSP build# 101
RR Lib Ver: 503

Do Tell ;)

kibler

Feed Provider
Hmm, did you by chance upgrade your RS Pro-668 with the world famous Whistler 1080 DMR Upgrade ?
If yes, what versions do you now show after pressing the MENU key during the Welcome Startup Screen ?
Example:
uP Appl Ver:U3.8
DSP App Ver:3.0 / DSP Voc Ver:1.8
DSP build# 101
RR Lib Ver: 503

Do Tell ;)
Do Tell.....the iScan/EZScan Program Software 'Backlight' settings are almost identical and in my opinion has nothing to do with whether the Scanner Backlight works as intended! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.