backlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I like this radio,but I wish the backlight had the following settings: 1.Stay on after 0-99 seconds 2.Stay on permanently 3.Stay on XX seconds on keyup and after. in each of the three categories. Drives me crazy it comes on for a second then its off,tried all the settings.

RT48

So you tried all the settings on page 26 and 27 of the manual?

Setting the Backlight – The scanner will turn on/off the LCD and the Keypad backlight
automatically according to backlight setting.
Set Mode
Note: (BCD536HP Only) Keypress and Squelch settings will work only when the backlight
is Off.
Squelch
Off - The backlight stays off when the squelch opens.
5 sec - The backlight stays on 5 seconds after the squelch opens.
10 sec - The backlight stays on 10 seconds after the squelch opens.
Open Squelch - The backlight stays on only when the squelch is open.
Keypress
Off - The backlight stays off when any key is pressed.
5 sec - The backlight stays on for 5 seconds when any key is pressed.
10 sec - The backlight stays on for 10 seconds when any key is pressed.

Timeout (BCD436HP Only)
10 sec - Turns the backlight on for 10 seconds when you press .
30 sec - Turns the backlight on for 30 seconds when you press .
60 sec - Turns the backlight on for 30 seconds when you press .
Infinite - The backlight always stays on.

troymail

Silent Key
I've had trouble with the backlight also -- seems to be something that was "fixed" in various versions of the firmware. What I really like to have is the backlight to stay on while there is activity. The radio seemed not to do this very well. There also were time when the light would come on and stay on for no known reason. Other times, it would flash on and then go off even while a user was talking.

I've been playing with various versions of the FW and I am currently running 1.02.03. So far in this version I've been able to get the radio to do what it is supposed to do when I set all settings to 10 seconds. I think it's time to go back and try "while a user is talking" (open squelch?) again.

On a somewhat related note (ok, maybe not), there seems to be a related issue with recording. In fact, recording seems to cut off about a 1/2 second before the user stops talking.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I've had trouble with the backlight also -- seems to be something that was "fixed" in various versions of the firmware. What I really like to have is the backlight to stay on while there is activity. The radio seemed not to do this very well. There also were time when the light would come on and stay on for no known reason. Other times, it would flash on and then go off even while a user was talking.

I've been playing with various versions of the FW and I am currently running 1.02.03. So far in this version I've been able to get the radio to do what it is supposed to do when I set all settings to 10 seconds. I think it's time to go back and try "while a user is talking" (open squelch?) again.

On a somewhat related note (ok, maybe not), there seems to be a related issue with recording. In fact, recording seems to cut off about a 1/2 second before the user stops talking.
And it did not do well in the xt series either so it is not only a problem with the x36 line.

Status
Not open for further replies.