Bad Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac

Premium Subscriber
NBC13 is reporting a two vehicle accident on I459 at Overton Rd in Cahaba Heights. Its reported a FedEx Truck has hit a car. Reported 3 DOA's-fatalities. nbc13.com for further info.

trace1

Update:

Four Teens Dead In Wreck On I-459 South

Four teenagers are dead in a wreck that occurred at I-459 southbound near Liberty Parkway.

The accident happened just after 11 a.m. today. Hazmat trucks were called to the scene.

The Associated Press reported that four people were killed in the wreck, which involved a large FedEx truck and a Pontiac convertible.

The bodies of two 18-year-old males, a 17-year-old female and a 14-year-old female were pulled from the wreckage of the convertible. Names have not yet been released.

The Fed Ex driver was not hurt, according to troopers.

The impact of the crash pushed the convertible across the interstate and into the median barrier.

State trooper Sgt. Eddie Dodgen said for some reason the driver of the car was backing down the interstate in the right lane. The car was registered in Shelby County, troopers said.

At FedEx headquarters in Memphis, spokeswoman Sally Davenport told The Associated Press that the company is "still gathering details" about the crash while cooperating with accident investigators. She says the company's "thoughts and prayers" go out to the crash victims.

Davenport says the FedEx Freight driver was based in Atlanta, but she did not immediately know his destination.

Several police agencies responded to the crash at I-459 southbound near Overton Road. The crash closed a section of the interstate for a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.