Bad Guys Win Again - Deputies Say Copper Thief Used Police Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccrichtx

Deputies Say Copper Thief Used Police Radios

A Bandera County neighborhood is burglarized, but there's an unusual twist. Deputies say the accused thief was listening to police radios.

Copper wire cut from homes, stolen coins and jewelry. Bandera County Deputies say they found all of it in the back of Melissa Rockwell's car, along with these two police radios. Deputies say Rockwell was using them to listen in to officer chatter the whole time.

KABB Fox San Antonio :: Top Stories - Deputies Say Copper Thief Used Police Radios -- Grace White

Mod Note: Please include sources for news articles

Last edited by a moderator:

tj20

I saw that story after the Ranger game here in Abilene. Why we get morning and night San Antonio news way up here I don't get, but I digress. I was thinking what a pinche culo, news like that makes departments want to shut out citizens from listening.

Also did you see the story about the high school coach that got in trouble for cussing at a player? How many high school coaches do that daily? And what is considered cussing damn or hell?

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
The department shutting the public out wouldn't have done anything in this situation.

She had an inside source... her mother who had access to legitimate police radios. Encryption would likely have been present in these radios as well.

SCPD

QRT
Were just one step closer to encrypted systems and scanners listening to Weather and Airplanes.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
I monitor that county from time to time, they are not P25. Encryption is not used on there primary channels, only every once in awhile on a talk channel but that is even rare. This has nothing to do with the scanner hobby, but like what was already said she was using "police radios". Her mom is the one who will get in the most trouble for giving city equitment to her daughter. If that had happend anywhere I use to work at it would be a short investigation and job terminations would take place pretty quick. But Bandera is a small town in a country county so things always work different.

ecps92

And you didn't read the story, IT WAS AN INSIDE JOB with a LEGIT Radio that likely would have had the DECRYPTION KEY anyway

Paranoia :roll:

Were just one step closer to encrypted systems and scanners listening to Weather and Airplanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.