Balance Control Software (Windows Vista / 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scan-Denver

Hello my fellow scanner geeks!

I am looking for any kind of software that allows you to control the balance (left / right speaker channels) for windows vista and windows 7.

As most of you probably know these two versions of windows do not provide balance controls like the previous versions do.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

n5ims

My Windows 7 system has a Levels tab on the Speakers Properties window that has a Balance button. Clicking this you have individual level controls for all individual channels (L, R, C, Sub, RL, RR, SL, SR). With this you should be able to set your sound up however you want. Please note that this control only affects your speakers (I believe), which according to your post I believe is what you're looking for "control the balance (left / right speaker channels)".

Now if you're looking to control the L/R balance of an input, you have a few options. If you want a mono signal to go only to the L or R channel, use a Y splitter that has individual L and R RCA (normally) jacks and a stereo 1/8" jack on the other side.

If you want finer control, get a linear pot (5K ohm should be OK) from Radio Shack and put the input on the center post, R output on one side and L output on the other. There's some loss and it isn't well balanced, but works well in most cases. Kinda works like the balance control on an old stereo.

Scan-Denver

My Windows 7 system has a Levels tab on the Speakers Properties window that has a Balance button. Clicking this you have individual level controls for all individual channels (L, R, C, Sub, RL, RR, SL, SR). With this you should be able to set your sound up however you want. Please note that this control only affects your speakers (I believe), which according to your post I believe is what you're looking for "control the balance (left / right speaker channels)".
Thanks for the tip, I looked further and found it.

Now if you're looking to control the L/R balance of an input, you have a few options. If you want a mono signal to go only to the L or R channel, use a Y splitter that has individual L and R RCA (normally) jacks and a stereo 1/8" jack on the other side.

If you want finer control, get a linear pot (5K ohm should be OK) from Radio Shack and put the input on the center post, R output on one side and L output on the other. There's some loss and it isn't well balanced, but works well in most cases. Kinda works like the balance control on an old stereo.
Thanks for the additional info, I'll keep it handy for future use.

Thanks again for all your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.