Baldwin County BC Law Talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadave

In Baldwin County, BC Law is a law enforcement mutual aid talkgroup on AIRS (22196) on which can be heard unencrypted pursuits as well as routine rollcalls from the Sheriff's Office to the various police departments throughout the county. A couple of weeks ago, ID Search revealed another talkgroup having a rollcall from the Sheriff's Office to the police departments. The newly identified talkgroup was 22199 and since discovering it, there have been a number of pursuits with the only radio traffic being heard on BC Law (22196); i.e., nothing of the pursuit was heard on 22199. A rollcall performed earlier today confirmed the rollcall was being performed simultaneously on both talkgroups and though the talkgroup IDs are very close to each other, suspect 22199 may be a second BC Law channel.

JamesBrox

Hello guys. I live in NW Florida. I’ve been monitoring BC for about six months with a sds200 and Discone. I get the Seminole site and Bay Minette very well. I’m logging my hits via pro scan. I’ve gotten about a dozen of TG’s and a few conventional on Police/Fire/EMS. But can’t get the TG’s you’re mentioning. What site are you hear them from? Any info would help....thx.

sadave

Good morning. The talkgroups discussed in this thread seem to be used only during multi-agency pursuits or similar activities. They can be fairly rare though there are days when there is more going on. The Baldwin County Sheriff's Office does several roll calls daily on TG 22196 though occasionally TG 22199 is also simulcast during the roll calls. Informally, I have labeled TG 22199 as BC Law 2 but have yet to confirm it.

Since you are hearing Seminole and Bay Minette, depending on your actual location in NW Florida, you might also include the following sites to increase your coverage: Rabun; Orange Beach; Robertsdale; and, Magnolia Springs.

sadave

I have not submitted TG 22199 to RadioReference yet because I have not confirmed a channel name. For the time being, I have it (and many others) programmed in my scanners as an unknown. If you are able to add the TG, you may be able to catch some traffic that identifies it.

Status
Not open for further replies.