Baltimore City Police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvmym8

I'm not hearing any city police transmissions on my PSR-800. Why not? I do have it programmed.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There's entirely too little information here to even attempt a diagnosis (where are you? What antenna are you using? Using your radio at home or mobile?). However hearing the City, like the County, is highly dependent on where you are and whether you're getting a good clean signal free of having to decide between hearing more than one tower at the same time (multipath). This thread should be read in its entirety - it will educate you about the problems of listening to the City's new system...

http://forums.radioreference.com/ma...926-new-baltimore-city-system-discussion.html

HTH...Mike

troymail

Silent Key
From previous posts, it appears you are in Pikesville -- reception of the Baltimore City system within the city is sometimes hard. Outside it is even more difficult. The new P25 digital systems are not like listening to things in the past (analog).

I used to hear BCity and BCounty from south of BWI without any problems at all -- until the upgraded over the past year or so...

Did you read through the writings of others concerning reception of these new systems? Both BCity and BCounty....?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
<snip>
Did you read through the writings of others concerning reception of these new systems? Both BCity and BCounty....?

I suggested that very same thing (just for the city) when I responded - and as a little hint, you can use Search This Thread in the blue toolbar once you've brought it up to see how other PSR-800 users solved their reception issues. That's better than reading lots of other traffic that might not pertain to you...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.