Baltimore City TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
One of my "customers" noticed a lot of school bus and waste disposal chatter on my stream...after verifying that the TGs were locked out, I watched the display for a bit, and sure enough, a waste disposal txmission came up as being a Southwestern District comm.

Has the City shuffled around any TGs since the last RR update that anyone has heard?

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
Spleen said:
One of my "customers" noticed a lot of school bus and waste disposal chatter on my stream...after verifying that the TGs were locked out, I watched the display for a bit, and sure enough, a waste disposal txmission came up as being a Southwestern District comm.

Has the City shuffled around any TGs since the last RR update that anyone has heard?

Not to the best of my knowledge.

I believe talk groups will change after rebanding is complete.

Is it a consistent thing, or sporadic? My 396 occasionally has error decodes and does the same thing you mention.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
Not sure how often these error decodes happen, but it must happen enough so that the LEOs that use the feed noticed it...obviously, they can't listen to the feed for hours at a time, and I rarely listen to it myself because I'm in the field too much, so it's just at the PITA stage right now. I tried to listen a bit today and noticed a few occurrences myself within an hour's time, but I was listening to the stream and have no idea what was showing on the TG display...

AD9O

I've noticed on the 396 when a repeater "hangs" you will get traffic from a different TG that is assigned that voice channel.

Setting the "hidden" digital end code option seems to help somewhat, but it appears that when a unit hits their Emergency button this issue is more noticeable.

Just my observations from listening and setting an alert for emergency triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.