Baltimore County 911 Center / P25 Major Problem this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamHLG

This morning Baltimore County had (and continues to have) a major telecommunication failure. 911 call center went down and P25 system crashed. P25 is in site trunking mode currently. Dispatch using portables based on TGIDs. What a mess I wonder what is happening.

AdamHLG

Well, no longer on site trunking. Things are slowing returning to normal. Still no station alerting yet. Lots of radio checks. Went down around 4:35 AM. P25 is back up and dispatchers are slowly transitioning off portables (per check of TGIDs).

firebal

Premium Subscriber
As of now things seem to be back to normal. Scary that this can happen. I know that from time to time the CAD system goes down but not the entire P25 system.

firebal

Premium Subscriber
Unknown if this is related but instead of the normal RIDs/UIDs the dispatch uses on the fire side I am noticing new ones such as 15081,15082, and 15083

riveter

Premium Subscriber
As of now things seem to be back to normal. Scary that this can happen. I know that from time to time the CAD system goes down but not the entire P25 system.

Site trunking is hardly a complete crash for a system that is nearly all single-simulcast-site. The North site would get a bit... interesting... , but for the remainder, little is lost save some situational awareness and convenience for the console operators.

It happens. It can be ugly when it happens, but it happens, both in core failures and in planned maintenance events. Half of the time it happens around here, a casual air-side listener might not even notice because the disruption to operations is fairly small.

That said, you add a complete unplanned loss of everything for the Center including CAD.... that's a much bigger wrench. Sounds like they handled it smoothly and safely though, and got the world spinning again (y)

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible that these are the new RIDs for whatever system refresh they are working on? Have they ever been seen before?

Status
Not open for further replies.