Baltimore County Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Maus92, what needs to be corrected in the DB exactly? I can correct any anomalies there. Please submit the corrections and let me know, and I can jump on the fixes immediately.
I try to use zones and knob positions as part of the channel names in my programming. The rrdb entry for the county sometimes uses them, and other times does not. Another member says they are out of date. I cannot verify this as I am not a county resident, and I can only receive this system when I'm in the area. So bottom line I don't have the info, but I can tell when parts are missing. Getting a conversation going helps to get the rrdb updated by people who do know the info.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Maybe hahah the issue is two fold. First at least for the fire side Baltimore county doesn't announce knob positions. And second like you said before the talkgroups and the knob positions vary per zone.
There is probably a communications handbook, training materials or a channel plan somewhere that members can access over a WAN / intranet, or simply the internet. Otherwise, expecting personnel to know how to use their radios would be a failing proposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.