Baltimore County - North Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Database has been updated with site consolidation. Are the RFSS, site number, and site NAC correct as database shows now? (In other words, have these parameters stayed as they were when they were for the South Simulcast?)

Dave
Yes, the South site parameters are still valid: SysID 389; WACN BEE00; site NAC 382; site 001-002.

Bugkiller

Premium Subscriber
For Baltimore County I noticed that a change was made yesterday, August 11, 2020. It removed the north and now has a few new frequencies. Not sure if they have blended the north into the south

maus92

Premium Subscriber
For Baltimore County I noticed that a change was made yesterday, August 11, 2020. It removed the north and now has a few new frequencies. Not sure if they have blended the north into the south
It is now one simulcast for the entire county. Check the database, and update your programming if necessary.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Two channels from the former South system do not appear to be used in the new countywide simulcast cell: 856.7125 and 857.7125. The second channel used to be one of the most active frequencies. Can anyone who regularly monitors Baltimore County confirm if these channels have gone away?

Also notice that the county could use an additional site in the upper northwest quadrant of the county. Perhaps they could hang something off the state's Lineboro site.

blueseas

Premium Subscriber
I do not see those frequencies (856.7125 and 857.7125) currently in their DSD+ channel activity lineup. I'm about 5 miles from the Spooks Hill Rd. site, just east of Manchester and just 1.5 mi. inside Carroll County. Would love to see them hang an antenna off the Lineboro tower.

AdamHLG

It’s fascinating to me that I am actually a Baltimore County volunteer and have heard nothing about this and neither has my station’s line officers. One would think we would at least see an email telling us. I guess on our Motorola radios the north south stuff happened without user intervention? Our captain says he’s been up there a few times and did not need to change the radios. Anyway thanks for the heads up I’ll make any necessary adjustments in my Unication PPS.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
It’s fascinating to me that I am actually a Baltimore County volunteer and have heard nothing about this and neither has my station’s line officers. One would think we would at least see an email telling us. I guess on our Motorola radios the north south stuff happened without user intervention? Our captain says he’s been up there a few times and did not need to change the radios. Anyway thanks for the heads up I’ll make any necessary adjustments in my Unication PPS.
The change would likely be seamless to a user even if no subscriber programming was changed. Not sure how the county's radios are programmed, but I would think that they operate on the first / strongest cch in range and on sites that have the proper tgs enabled. If the north site cch is no longer available, then it uses the south site cch (which is now the cch for the entire county.) Perhaps when all is done with the rebuild / reconfiguration, the subscribers will have a new codeplug installed that updates to the new configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.