Baltimore County - North Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvengr

Well Known Member
There has been a report that Baltimore Co is working on changing the North and South sites to a single simulcast cell. The North site has never carried traffic from the East Division of Baltimore Co Fire. I will check the North site and let you know if I hear anything.

tvengr

Well Known Member
My scanner is not seeing a signal on the control channel or alternate frequencies listed in the database. I will have to do a search to see if there is a change.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps the OP could program the cch for the South site to see if he can receive from PA (unless he could receive the South site beforehand.) That might indicate the consolidation.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
My scanner is not seeing a signal on the control channel or alternate frequencies listed in the database. I will have to do a search to see if there is a change.
Can you check to see if any of the North site freqs have migrated to the South site?

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
I can receive the South site, but I don't seem to hear Cockeysville on South (which is why I noticed this in the first place). Essex, Franklin, Northpoint, Pikesville, White Marsh, Towson, Wilkens, Woodlawn all active on south for me over past hour or so.

I did an analyze on North and it seemed dead to me also.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
It's possible there is an outage. We'll see what TV Engineer finds.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Baltimore County is too far from my office, otherwise I'd be all over it, lol.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Other that 856.2125 for the South control channel, I was unable to find any other control channel with a System ID of 389 for Baltimore County.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Other that 856.2125 for the South control channel, I was unable to find any other control channel with a System ID of 389 for Baltimore County.
Does the North site still show up as a neighbor?

ocguard

I'm really surprised that its possible to efficiently simulcast from so many sites. I know at one point, there was a soft limit to the number of simulcasting sites in 800mhz (I believe it was 10). I wonder if linear simulcast technology is what changed it.

Baltimore County's two-site set-up seemed strange (not the concept, but the logistics). The north-site-only site-trunking talk groups were never "exercised" and a site-trunking situation would've likely been disastrous.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I'm really surprised that its possible to efficiently simulcast from so many sites. I know at one point, there was a soft limit to the number of simulcasting sites in 800mhz (I believe it was 10). I wonder if linear simulcast technology is what changed it.

Baltimore County's two-site set-up seemed strange (not the concept, but the logistics). The north-site-only site-trunking talk groups were never "exercised" and a site-trunking situation would've likely been disastrous.
SmartZone is limited 10 sites, 11 using some trickery. Astro Core M allows for more sites. The new Montgomery and Anne Arundel systems are supposedly to have 20+ sites. I guess we will find out.

AdamHLG

So does this mean there will be full uninterrupted coverage on the NCR trail from Cockeysville to New Freedom PA on the South system?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
So does this mean there will be full uninterrupted coverage on the NCR trail from Cockeysville to New Freedom PA on the South system?
Likely, but it is no longer the South system, it is one simulcast site that covers the entire county.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I was up in northern Delaware today - significant storm damage to mature trees from the tropical storm last week. Major trees uprooted / trunks snapped in half all over the Brandywine Valley.

Anyway, on the way up, I logged 7 North site freqs now operating on the South site, as well as no North site activity / cch. I will submit them to the RRDB, as well as site consolidation.

Note that 3 North site freqs are still AWOL: 854.0625; 854.0875; and 854.4375.

dtscho

Database Admin
Database has been updated with site consolidation. Are the RFSS, site number, and site NAC correct as database shows now? (In other words, have these parameters stayed as they were when they were for the South Simulcast?)

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.