Baltimore County P25 - No signal in Carney

Status
Not open for further replies.

vees

Premium Subscriber
Last night I was getting a full signal on my Uniden BCD396T for the Baltimore County P25 trunking system and this morning starting around 9am I now have no data signal on the primary control channel and at best clipped audio every few minutes. I haven't made any changes to my setup, programming, or location in years and it's worked perfectly. Most of the streams on here seem to be working reasonably well. Is anyone aware of local issues with the radio system or transmitters?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Do you monitor the South site or the North site?

The county is combining both sites into one simulcast cell, sometime soon. It might involve changing control channels. I'm not saying this is the issue, it's just something to be aware of.

vees

Premium Subscriber
I'm listening on South because North (historically) only activated when someone in North was on that specific TG.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I'm listening on South because North (historically) only activated when someone in North was on that specific TG.
Are you still having the issue?

The timing seems suspicious, lol. Tuesday morning, 9am. Usually upgrades to systems occur on Tuesdays, in the morning. Monday, to iron out any issues and review plans, and Tuesday during the day to pull the trigger, when people are on staff hours to implement and troubleshoot if necessary, lol. Pure speculation on my part.

vees

Premium Subscriber
Are you still having the issue?

Yes. I lowered the the P25 decode threshold rate and I'm starting to get occasional traffic through but my error rate is still in the 80s so the signal strength must be really low. It really seems like one of my local transmitters went offline.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Yes. I lowered the the P25 decode threshold rate and I'm starting to get occasional traffic through but my error rate is still in the 80s so the signal strength must be really low. It really seems like one of my local transmitters went offline.
Back to normal yet?

hill

Premium Subscriber
Seams to be working ok here in the Middle River area like always.

I did note that Fire Dispatch is using different radio ids again, Like they are using new dispatch consoles or radios. The radio ids used are in the same range, but a few numbers lower than the usual ones.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Seams to be working ok here in the Middle River area like always.

I did note that Fire Dispatch is using different radio ids again, Like they are using new dispatch consoles or radios. The radio ids used are in the same range, but a few numbers lower than the usual ones.
I think new consoles are part of the system update. Sometimes they use the alternate ECC, so that might be part of it as well.

AdamHLG

I have not noticed any issues either before, during, or after the OP's post. I am using a G5.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
You would likely have to be in / near the Carney area (east of Towson just north of 695, between 83 and 95) to experience any single (tower) site issue if it existed. I did not notice anything from AACo.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
BTW, the 3 closest sites to Carney are Towson FHQ, Hickey School and Essex. Perhaps one of those were down for a while, or some sort of temporary localized interference, an antenna adjustment on a site, weather, an issue with his radio. Could be anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.