Baltimore County P25 sniffing, new RIDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
I'm watching Pro96 steamroll its way through collecting info on unknown talkgroups and radios in BCo, and I just stumbled across a strange visitor. Anyone know what county or agency uses the RID prefix 22252xx or just 222xxxx? Should be Fire-side for whatever county its from.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Under the Region 20 plan...

Is that under restricted online distribution or something? I can find all sorts of references to it but have yet to actually find the plan itself- especially the ID mapping part.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I could have swear I saw a PDF document many years ago listing the proposed radio ID structure for the entire state with agency breakdown, hopefully someone still has that document

riveter

Premium Subscriber

Can I please finally merge that with Maryland Statewide Trunking Interoperability Radio IDs - The RadioReference Wiki ? It's all kinds of wack to have two pages duplicating two halves of the same thing with one half sort of tagged on the front of a one-system RID page. I remember I tried to unify that a year ago and someone went nuts and put it all back as it was in two parts.

EDIT: I've updated the separate page with all info that's recently been added to the FiRST RID page about general non-FiRST RID ranges. I'm just seeing if anyone's going to be unsuitably annoyed if I remove that section from the FiRST page.

Last edited:

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Also on an unrelated note, I also just bumped into 486xxxx- anyone know whose prefix that is? I feel like I'm finding lost cats..

troymail

Silent Key
Also on an unrelated note, I also just bumped into 486xxxx- anyone know whose prefix that is? I feel like I'm finding lost cats..

On which system? If Baltimore County, I'd bet it's either something coming from PA or maybe even a radio tech but without other info, that's just a SWAG (guess).

There seems to be a good plan/assignments in Maryland but when you look at other places like York PA, the rules are not as obvious.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Yes it was BCo's sys. I've seen three 486 prefix radios affiliate with TAC 12 (fire side) in the last day, though I haven't seen any of them show up with a channel grant or actually heard them OTA. I see it's TAC 12, so I'd say that's a good call- they're probably York Fire.

It's definitely a bit awkward bordering another (messier) NPSPAC region...

Status
Not open for further replies.