Baltimore Police "J" Units" on TGID 9152

Status
Not open for further replies.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Heard some J units on 9152 with a lot of foot pursuit, 10-13 and 10-38s, but everything seems to be confined in a building and only active during weekday hours. Does anyone what channel is this and who "J" units are?

riveter

Premium Subscriber
I've been monitoring that TG for a few days around poor stationary reception. Haven't heard any of this J unit pursuit stuff while listening or in the recordings the 800 has snagged off the air. Mostly heard name-to-name informal stuff that sounds like operations on the old CID talkgroups on the analog system.

EDIT: and yes, I've had much the same weekday-only experience, though I think my 800 snagged a recording at 0500 off that TG yesterday.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Listening to my recordings more it definitely sounds like training academy. I didn't hear any informal stuff but the foot pursuit with officer down and a *very* calm "dispatch" definitely got me thinking it is used by the academy for training.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Shoot I misread your initial, I thought that said 9652. You're probably right- I don't have 9152 in my radio right now, which explains why I missed all the fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.