Baltimore Trunked Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericcarlson

Database Admin
Can any Baltimore area listeners check on some of the business trunked systems we have in the database? I think we need to do some clean-up. A drive through the Catonsville area showed the Nextel 900 MHz system there apparently offline. Furthermore, I didn't hear any of the other three Baltimore Nextel systems from the west side of the Baltimore beltway.
Nextel (Baltimore 800 MHz) Trunking System, Baltimore, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies
Nextel (Baltimore 900 MHz #1) Trunking System, Baltimore, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies
Nextel (Baltimore 900 MHz #2) Trunking System, Baltimore, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies

In the federal area, the Commerce system appears to be offline and possibly in failsoft mode?
US Department of Commerce Trunking System, Baltimore, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies

And has anyone been able to tell one way or the other if site 3 of the NIH system is at Hopkins Bayview? Try 408.5625 for a possible control channel.
National Institutes of Health Trunking System, Various, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
From my location in mid-town, I've never heard anything out of those Nextel systems you have listed...granted, I don't often scan for them, but I don't remember hearing anything on those frequencies for quite some time....or as I type this, either.

That Commerce Department system is in fail mode 95% of the time. Very rarely, it will pop back into some sort of "normal" operations mode. On the few times I've caught it in an operational mode, I've left my trunking software on to record any talkgroups that might be used...I have yet to catch any talkgroups. It may stay in that operational mode for a day or two then eventually it will go back to fail mode, where it is at right now.

The only thing I ever hear in the range listed for NIH is a dead air spot on 409.6, the above mentioned Commerce Department system, and Federal Protective Service.

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
Eric,

I second Spleen none of the Nextel stuff is working.

The DOJ System does not work and is in failsoft mode more often than not

And I have not been able to obtain a control channel for the NIH System and live 2 miles from Bayview Hospital, I have also been to the WSID tower as indicated in the database with no success.

Nathan

Last edited:

ericcarlson

Database Admin
Thanks for the updates.

It seems that the info about a 12-site simulcast for NIH is not accurate, given what we seem to have confirmed about sites at Bethesda and Poolesville. Which leaves site 3 a mystery... there is a facility at Fort Detrick in Frederick. Other than that, there are significant NIH facilities in Montana and North Carolina. freqhopping mentioned an Eastern Shore location?

SkyPager

Sprint/Nextel does periodic re-tunes of the cell sites based on capacity needs and frequency optimization. Also all the Sprint/Nextel frequencies in Baltimore & Washington between 851 and 854 MHz have been returned to public saftey. Other than a control channel you will not hear any voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.