Balto County PD - What Happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvmym8

Up until last week i was receiving all the BCPD traffic just fine on P25. Now i get nothing at all. Has something changed?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Have you got ALL of the control channels in your definition? I was copying them this morning on the South site...Mike

ocguard

Nothing has changed. Check your programming. Are you receiving a control channel? Analyze the control channel signal.

Remember, for the system to change in such a drastic way that you stop hearing an entire department, every single radio in the system has to be "touched" to allow field users to continue operating. So this is almost always the most unlikely cause. Plus, if that happened, you'd have swarms of people on here all talking about it.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
Up until last week i was receiving all the BCPD traffic just fine on P25. Now i get nothing at all. Has something changed?

Midtown Bawlmer... can pick up 856.2125, currently a control channel...about 70-80% decoding rate. But not much traffic coming through....and I'm hearing traffic on the old system, too, if that helps.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
Traffic seems back to normal now. And while I was listening, I noticed 46.46 is showing a PL of 118.8, but it seems like it's only showing up on one side of some of the convo's....is that normal or are they in the midst of a changeover?

lvmym8

Now it's ok it seems

i did another library import, now it's ok. I dont know what happened. Maybe they changed something?

troymail

Silent Key
Traffic seems back to normal now. And while I was listening, I noticed 46.46 is showing a PL of 118.8, but it seems like it's only showing up on one side of some of the convo's....is that normal or are they in the midst of a changeover?

That's a fairly normal thing I believe -- in AA County, one used to be able to hear the dispatchers and the field units on the paging frequency but over time the only thing you'd hear (was patched) was the dispatcher side. These days the only thing you ever hear on AA County's pager frequency is the dispatcher - period.

ResQguy

Meh
That's a fairly normal thing I believe -- in AA County, one used to be able to hear the dispatchers and the field units on the paging frequency but over time the only thing you'd hear (was patched) was the dispatcher side. These days the only thing you ever hear on AA County's pager frequency is the dispatcher - period.

That would be the difference between a dispatcher multi-select and a patch on the console. :)

doctordave

Interestingly, I've noted remarkable improvement in home / local mobile reception of the Balt Co system over the last 1-2 weeks. This happens to coincide with an explosion of foliage growth around my neck of the woods - and I presume the leaves are helping to attenuate signals from some of the more distant system towers. Anyone else enjoying better signals these days? There is so much dense tree cover around my area, that back in the analog days, I typically had great Winter reception and only variable Summer reception of the Balt Co 800 system.

Perhaps our best solution, going forward, is to plant thousands of evergreens around the county ;-)

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
Interestingly, I've noted remarkable improvement in home / local mobile reception of the Balt Co system over the last 1-2 weeks. This happens to coincide with an explosion of foliage growth around my neck of the woods - and I presume the leaves are helping to attenuate signals from some of the more distant system towers. Anyone else enjoying better signals these days? There is so much dense tree cover around my area, that back in the analog days, I typically had great Winter reception and only variable Summer reception of the Balt Co 800 system.

Perhaps our best solution, going forward, is to plant thousands of evergreens around the county ;-)

Must be part of the County's "green" initiative :lol:

pratzert

Premium Subscriber

Sadly... I've noticed no improvement whatsoever.

Bummer.....

don333

I find doctor dave's comments interesting. Since the "explosion" of foliage I am experiencing just the opposite here in the Carney/Cub Hill area. My signal has degraded and is choppy at best when it was a 9 out of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.