Balto. County Police Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

fazz10

I am new to scanning. I happened upon RadioReference a couple of weeks ago and started listening online to Balto.County Police, I heard the capture of a fugitive and I was hooked. So, I bought myself a Uniden BC95XLT, so I can listen from room to room, since it is a handheld. The next day I was trying to put in the frequency for the Balto.County Police using the freq. from RadioReference, but the one for Balto. County was offline and has not been up since. All I can hear is Balto. County Fire, which is fine, but I want to hear the Police. Now I am reading that they went digital. Does this mean that I will not be able to get the Police? Did I just waste my money?
Help!

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
All police frequencies and most fire frequencies (other than the main few) are digital and cannot be received with that scanner.

kg4icg

Crazy Trucking Mechanic
Premium Subscriber
Baltimore county is analog trnk system, not digital. fazz10, to follow it, you will need a truck tracking scanner. Baltimore County, Carroll County, Frederick County are all still analog. If you want ti listen to the rest, then you will need a Digital trunk tracking scanner.

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
My mistake - thanks for picking up. He confused me with the digital so I skimmed past the county/city distinction. Long story short - his radio still won't work ;)

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
I am new to scanning. I happened upon RadioReference a couple of weeks ago and started listening online to Balto.County Police, I heard the capture of a fugitive and I was hooked. So, I bought myself a Uniden BC95XLT, so I can listen from room to room, since it is a handheld. The next day I was trying to put in the frequency for the Balto.County Police using the freq. from RadioReference, but the one for Balto. County was offline and has not been up since. All I can hear is Balto. County Fire, which is fine, but I want to hear the Police. Now I am reading that they went digital. Does this mean that I will not be able to get the Police? Did I just waste my money?
Help!

As the other posters mentioned, Baltimore County uses a trunked ANALOG radio system for all police and fire communications, but it will be transitioning to a digital system before the end of 2012, so you are best suited to invest in a DIGITAL TRUNK-TRACKING SCANNER.

Status
Not open for further replies.