Band Defaults ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
This is the way my scanner defaults are setup, I am in Canada should I leave them the way they are or should I make any changes.
Steve

Attachments

• band defaults.png
    band defaults.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 16

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You're in Canada, but you search in NYS as well, so it's not so straightforward.

150.8-161.995 should be set for 7.5 kHz in the U.S.

Optionally, setting 450-470 to 6.25 kHz may yield more accurate results, as not all licenses in the U.S. are on 12.5 kHz steps. Searching will take a little longer, however.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
OK thanks for the information,
I think I should just leave the band setups as they are then maybe.
That's fine, but just know that when searching stuff in NYS, particularly in the VHF band, you may get inaccurate results due to the step being set at 5 kHz. You may think you've found something on 158.940, when in fact the correct frequency is actually 158.9475.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
That's fine, but just know that when searching stuff in NYS, particularly in the VHF band, you may get inaccurate results due to the step being set at 5 kHz. You may think you've found something on 158.940, when in fact the correct frequency is actually 158.9475.
I get a lot of off frequencies that I think are new ones, I'll try and play with it and see if I can figure out the best setup. I made a not of the band changes you suggest so I'll remember.
Steve

ecps92

When in VT/NH or ME we have the reverse issue of the US Band Plan vs the Canadian :)
or when the Electric Utilities come mutual aid into Massachusetts :)

OK thanks for the information,
I think I should just leave the band setups as they are then maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.