Band opening on 12/2 & 12/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

nermel

The past couple of mornings (lasting until noon on Monday) there have been two rather strong openings. In Oklahoma City, I was able to decode ~6 KSICS trunking channels. Not just one or two near the OK/KS border, but ones far away as Lawrence & Hays. City of Denton trunking I was hearing as well for a while on Monday - and the Vinita OKWIN site. Also heard several KS & AR NWR transmitters, on a rubber duck. Did anyone else catch anything unusually good yesterday or today?

nd5y

Monday I was hearing stuff from OKC, DFW and Abilene TX while I was outside with the ht here in Wichita Falls and was able to key up 70cm repeaters in Fort Worth with the ht.
The NOAA wx channels all sounded like CB Ch 6.
I did a band scan and picked up 2 control channels in the 380-420 band that I never heard before. By the time I got home I couldn't hear anything strong enough for Unitrunker to decode. Today wasn't as good as Monday.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
Band openings

I live on Keystone Lake. I heard Monett PD (near Joplin, MO) on 154.800 monday AM. I talked to a fellow ham radio operator who was in Joplin on 2 meters band (146.910 Mhz) Monday afternoon. Heard lots of 2 meter activity from Kansas and Mo.

SCPD

QRT
I was talking to a guy on my way home from work Monday who was talking in on the Okmulgee 147.225 repeater. He was on 15 watts and sounded like he was in town. Crystal clear.

I was floored.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.