Band plan issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jercov

Premium Subscriber
I am monitoring a p25 digital system using a uniden bcd396xt and bcd996xt. The band plan for the system is 851.0625 with spacing of 6.25. Everything is fine but sometimes the scanner goes quiet and when I check the band plan it changed to 335.xxxx with different spacing. It has happened on both scanners but not at the same time. I don't know what is going on? Is it something inherent with uniden? Do I need an update?

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Hmm...I don't have any experience with EFJ P25 trunking but I would think if what's in your scanner is changing the Control Channel must be sending the wrong info at some point.

Or the Uniden's are interpreting something incorrectly in the EFJ data stream.

Do other users in the area have the same issue?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
...as UPMan himself described in a previous thread on precisely the same subject.

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/281325-396xt-996xt-dropping-custom-bandplans.html

Since this thread is mentioning the Waterbury Ct. system (again) I will point out that we have a long running thread on this system in our Connecticut forum, and there's a dedicated Connecticut forum at Scan New England where I also see such a thread. Such places are the best ones to find out about this wierd system. I would post questions there to see if someone has an answer. Locals are much more likely to have an answer on this one since it's so unique (no one else seems to have a system issue like this one). Links are always blue

http://forums.radioreference.com/co...rum/266851-waterbury-new-p25-system-line.html

Connecticut forum at Scan New England

Mike

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I'd be interested to see if a GRE-based scanner does this also. I'm pretty sure if you set them to "P25 Manual" it will ignore any sort of OTA bandplan and only use the manual entry..

talkpair

I'd be interested to see if a GRE-based scanner does this also. I'm pretty sure if you set them to "P25 Manual" it will ignore any sort of OTA bandplan and only use the manual entry..
This is how the PSR600 behaves.
It follows the custom plan and ignores the over-the-air table.

Status
Not open for further replies.