Band plans at the site level

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Now that the Band plans are the site level in the database, will the band plans at the system level have any significant value?

I'm working on handling the band plans imported from RR into ProScan. I'm trying to decide if the site level band plans are empty then do I use the system level band plans or not?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Bob,
I would imagine that an approach of using system level if site level is empty is the correct way to go. There are hundreds of TRSs in the DB that will never have site information loaded individually as it makes no sense if the entire system uses the same band plan. The state wide South Dakota VHF TRS is prime example. I believe the intention was to allow for those exceptions where individual sites have a different band plan then the general norm for the system. This would come into play on systems that are multi-band (VHF/UHF) and some special ones that have different setups, for one reason or another, from site to site.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now that the Band plans are the site level in the database, will the band plans at the system level have any significant value?

I'm working on handling the band plans imported from RR into ProScan. I'm trying to decide if the site level band plans are empty then do I use the system level band plans or not?

Bob, the correct approach is to use the system-wide bandplans if non are assigned to an individual site.

Thanks,

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Ill use the band plans like that then. It makes sense, just wanted to be sure.

Two more questions for now as I'm trying to make this as perfect as possible.

Detecting Moto Type I systems:
Would it be correct detecting Moto Type I systems if the trs.sFlavor is a 1 or 3 indicating a Type I/Type Type IIi Hybrid systems or a combination of flavor and the trs.fleetmap containing fleetmaps?

On one system, the trs.sFlavor is 24 indicating a Type II system but there is a fleetmap 000000D0 that conflicts with the Flavor
Elk Grove Unified School District Trunking System, Elk Grove, California - Scanner Frequencies

Detecting splinter sites:
Do I use the splinter flag alone or if the frequencies are splinter frequencies logic ORed with the splinter flag?

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Bob,

I took a quick look at that system. It would appear there are several things wrong with it that need the attention of a regional DB Admin. I mean it seems to show that it is re-banded but is not marked as such. The fleetmap was changed 5 years ago to show that but apparently the type of system was not changed.

If I were you, I would go with the system flavor as the key to utilize any fleetmap that might be present as opposed to allowing any residual fleetmap entries that may be there. If you look at the actual DB page, you will see that the fleetmap does not show, because the flavor does not call for it.

One of the CA DB Admins needs to take a look and see if this can be cleaned up.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Ok, thnaks. I'll do that.

Bob,

I took a quick look at that system. It would appear there are several things wrong with it that need the attention of a regional DB Admin. I mean it seems to show that it is re-banded but is not marked as such. The fleetmap was changed 5 years ago to show that but apparently the type of system was not changed.

If I were you, I would go with the system flavor as the key to utilize any fleetmap that might be present as opposed to allowing any residual fleetmap entries that may be there. If you look at the actual DB page, you will see that the fleetmap does not show, because the flavor does not call for it.

One of the CA DB Admins needs to take a look and see if this can be cleaned up.

Status
Not open for further replies.