Bangkok Thailand, met station, 6765.1 kHz USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Token

There is a regularly heard met station out of Bangkok, Thailand. This station is on 6765.1 kHz and 8743 kHz, both in USB mode. I hear it at my location in California every morning. The station has an interesting interval signal.

Because of the interval signal, the repetitive nature of weather reports, and many listeners not understanding Thai, this station has incorrectly been reported as a numbers stations on several occasions.

I threw a recording of this station up on my YouTube channel. I started with the English language report, and if you want to see how it might be confused with a numbers station (by a non-Thai speaker) go ahead and jump to about 5:35 in the video.

Video here:

T!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This is a very rare catch on the East Coast, although it has been done. I believe they still QSL (very envious)....Mike

caylorman

Premium Subscriber
Caught the 8743 transmission here in Indiana yesterday, weak but readable. I first just heard the interval signal and thought it was some weird digital mode.

Strange transmission indeed!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The only way us East Coasters will hear this is with a web radio - gotta shag my lazy butt out of bed early enough....Mike

Token

I had to re-upload the video as there is an error in the annotation of the first one. YouTube does not allow you to rep[lace a video, only upload a new version. So the new, corrected annotation, link is:

T!

jlh

I live in NC and pick it up more often than not in the early morning, so you can get it on the east coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.