SDS100/SDS200: bank status on sds100

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
Hello, i looked online and in the manual but couldnt find an answer to this. In profile editor on sentenial for the sds100, when you click on it theres an option to turn on or off "bank status".

Can someone please explain what that is? thanks

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
Doubtful that you saw any reference to “bank status” in any SDS100 documentation since this scanner doesn’t use banks. Perhaps quick keys or download & monitor settings?
I just replied with a picture but mods have to approve, but I 100% assure you it says "bank status" all the way to the right on the custom search screen

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Quick keys are depending on what services options and favorites u have turn off or on as well. The quick keys are divided up between group departments and systems and sites, 0.0.0, 1.1.3 to turn off and on the quick keys, they are divided up into sections to turn off and on in the favorites lists..

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
FAVORITES LISTS Because the memory is based on the RadioReference database, the SDS100 has a different organization unlike banks and channels in older scanners, but more like Dynamic Memory Architecture (DMA) used for the last few generations of scanners. Favorites Lists follow the RR database structure of Systems that contain Departments that hold Channels (conventional 11 frequencies or IDs) and then Sites to hold trunking frequencies. If you are familiar with DMA scanners, think of departments as being like channel groups.

SCANNING ORDER With previous scanners, you selected banks to scan. With this scanner, you select Favorites Lists, Systems, Departments, and Sites to scan by assigning Quick Keys to them.

FAVORITES LIST QUICK KEYS Favorites Lists Quick Keys (FLQK) quickly enable or disable entire Favorites Lists for scanning. There are 100 FLQKs (00-99). These are like the bank keys used on older scanners. You do not have to assign a FLQK to a favorites list, but doing so makes it easier to modify what you are currently scanning. Each FLQK can only be used one time (i.e. two favorites lists cannot have the same FLQK)

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Hello, i looked online and in the manual but couldnt find an answer to this. In profile editor on sentenial for the sds100, when you click on it theres an option to turn on or off "bank status".

So this thread does not turn 5 pages long, it looks like you missed it online.

Marks Scanners Sentinel

Custom Search You can edit the 10 Custom Search ranges.
Click to select and enter the name, lower, and upper frequencies.
Click to select and enter the other settings, or click twice (not double-click) to use the drop down menus and select.
See also Editing Tips.
Bank Status enables/disables each search range during Custom Search.

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
So this thread does not turn 5 pages long,

Click to select and enter the other settings, or click twice (not double-click) to use the drop down menus and select.
See also Editing Tips.
AHHHHH THIS ANSWERS SO MANY QUESTIONS OMGGGGG THANK YOU

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
So this thread does not turn 5 pages long,

See also Editing Tips.
Well son of a gun! I stand corrected.

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
So this thread does not turn 5 pages long, it looks like you missed it online.

Marks Scanners Sentinel

See also Editing Tips.
OMG now I know why close call didn't work at all after I made the custom ranges, I needed to turn on bank status 🤦

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
If all set to Off, when you go to Custom Search, they will all search. If you specify a specific bank you'd like to Search, it will only Search those once you go into Custom Search. The others will be available, just not on if you Write to the Scanner from Sentinel.