Banks Co. SO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twotoejoe

I have my SDS200 (and 536) programmed with Sentinel with the all the RR freqs. I am receiving some Fire and EMS transmissions, but no SO transmissions. Anyone know if the SO is using NXDN yet?

apx7000xe

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure you have it programmed correctly? BCSO has been on NXDN for over 5 years and I was receiving SO on the Homer 2 site earlier this week with a SDR in Lavonia which is about 25 miles away.

twotoejoe

I programmed it with the same program as my 536. The 536 in my truck picks up Banks County SO plus Fire & EMS but the SDS200 in my home will pick up Fire & EMS only. Makes no sense to me. I've got a discone antenna about 20' above the house; evidently I need a better antenna.

Premium Subscriber
I programmed it with the same program as my 536. The 536 in my truck picks up Banks County SO plus Fire & EMS but the SDS200 in my home will pick up Fire & EMS only. Makes no sense to me. I've got a discone antenna about 20' above the house; evidently I need a better antenna.

I still have issues getting them consistently on my TRX-1, No idea why.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
A discone antenna has zero gain. A regular verticle antenna would be much better.

Also, are you passivly trying to monitor, or are you trying to monitor trunked? You may have LCN's not in order.

SDS series are not known for great performance on NXDN not DMR. They are "do everything" scanners, but they shine on simulcast systems.

twotoejoe

A discone antenna has zero gain. A regular verticle antenna would be much better.

Also, are you passivly trying to monitor, or are you trying to monitor trunked? You may have LCN's not in order.

SDS series are not known for great performance on NXDN not DMR. They are "do everything" scanners, but they shine on simulcast systems.

As I stated in my first post, both my SDS 200 and 536 are programmed with the same Sentinel file. The 536 in my truck receives SO along with Fire & EMS. The SDS200 in my house will only receive Fire & EMS. I'm about 10-12 miles from the nearest tower (Baldwin) and up to 30 miles from the other towers.

country2

hey twotoes believe it or not but I'm using a tv antenna its DB8-8 element bowtie hooked up to my TRX-1 yea I know its not designed for the frequency range but its pretty dang close to them and hey it works. I'm picking up around 20-30 miles away.....I can get the Baldwin tower and can even get Cornelia but don't recall what tower. I'm in Homer...if you know anything about Homer I'm just above Homer Hardware .

Reactions: RRR
Status
Not open for further replies.