Banner Health

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what dept. uses TG 9028 at McKee Medical Center and 9026 TG for Banner Ft. Collins? Can I pick them up on my Pro-106 or Pro-197?

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
What is FRCC? This is what it says in the database here.

s1nV3b2.jpg

aY4eEml.jpg

If these entries are wrong, then the database here needs editing.

ScannerSK

So this is a completely different system I was unaware of, and in fact uses Project 25 Phase II which means both scanners he listed won't work then.

FRCC is a phase 2 capable system however nothing I am aware of (at least in Weld county) uses phase 2.
I have received both talkgroups 9026 and 9028 with phase 1 only capable scanners (PSR-500/600, PRO-197) so this should not be a problem.

ScannerSK

Unreal. Yet it says system type phase II. Probably should modify that saying something like uses phase I and capable of phase II.

I agree with you. Currently, the existing note simply states, "Some talkgroups on this system are using Project 25 Phase II TDMA modulation which can ONLY be monitored using a P25 Phase II compatible scanner."

Maybe for system type it should say mixed Project 25 Phase I and Project 25 Phase II.

Some areas may only use phase 2. Weld seems to only use phase 1.

My understanding was the entire system at some point would become phase 2 however that was a number of years ago.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
The FRCC system is Adams and Weld County Specific. The other issue for older scanners is the majority of the system is simulcast.

Unless you have a Uniden SDS series scanner or Unication paging receiver it is difficult to monitor the Adams 700, S.W. Weld 700 and Weld 800 simulcast site arrays.

So far no hint of Phase II use on the Weld sites.

ScannerSK

The FRCC system is Adams and Weld County Specific.

Broomfield county has also joined FRCC.

The other issue for older scanners is the majority of the system is simulcast.

Unless you have a Uniden SDS series scanner or Unication paging receiver it is difficult to monitor the Adams 700, S.W. Weld 700 and Weld 800 simulcast site arrays.

I have found Uniden scanners (including the older BCD396XT) work rather well with FRCC simulcast frequencies while the PSR-500/600 PRO-196/197, etc. have a much harder time decoding the signals; some days are worse than others. What's interesting is certain voice channels are always problematic (decoding difficulties) compared to the other voice channels being utilized by the same control channel. For some reason Motorola does not have all the simulcast voice channels behaving in the same manner (possibly certain voice channels are being excluded from certain towers or transmitting at a different power level than the remaining voice channels, etc.) I can watch the scanner display on my PSR-500 while it is decoding voice traffic and it's very apparent that there is at least one or two voice channels that never decode easily while the remaining voice channels decode nearly flawless each and every time.

I tested the SDS100 for an hour or two against the BCD436HP while driving around Weld (monitoring primarily the Weld simulcast control channel) and did not notice much difference between the two. The only real difference noticeable was that the SDS100 was capable of recovering quickly from strong radio interference (RF overload) while the BCD436HP remained completely deaf much longer until a further distance from the offending radio signals was achieved. For this reason, I sold my SDS100. It had a lovely display but really did not perform that much better in my opinion over the BCD436HP unless it was being used in a very RF overload prone location.

Shawn

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Unreal. Yet it says system type phase II. Probably should modify that saying something like uses phase I and capable of phase II.

Looking at the "Mode" column next to a talkgroup the better way of determining whether or not TDMA (Phase 2) is being used on a system. There are many systems floating around where the system is Phase 2 capable, but only some of the talkgroups operate in TDMA mode while the rest are in standard FDMA (Phase 1) mode. MARC and Denver's new system are examples of mixed mode operations.

ScannerSK

Question: Am I to assume a BCD436HP will decode a phase II system or even if its simulcast quite well? Because I have this scanner in my eBay watch list. LOL

Yes, the BCD436HP will decode phase II P25 systems and talkgroups which are unencrypted. In my experience, the BCD436HP does very well with decoding phase II simulcast systems as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.