a 700-megahertz radio
system that will enable all emergency personnel to
talk to each other
in an ...

<http://www.journalnet.com/articles/2004/10/06/news/local/news10.txt>

FPO703

Is this system online, yet?

Or, is it still in the planning stages?

We just got a submission to the RR Database with a link to a PDF file which lists 700 MHz frequencies for all counties in Idaho. Will this become a statewide system in the future?

Who won the contract for it? MA/Com, Motorola?

Zoom-man

Report from radio tech that Bannock County is TESTING system and will go "Online" Jan. 5 of 2005. This is reported to be the very first 700 mhz system "on the air". All encrpyted.

AFAIK their "testing" has consisted of one guy running around with a portable radio and talking to the Motorola salesman who was on another portable radio. But yes, they are building it and it is all Motorola, no other manufacturers equipment will be allowed. From what I've hear this is one of three systems that will set the stage for a statewide system. The other two systems are City Of Boise and City Of Sandpoint.

The Sandpoint system has been installed and they have portables but no mobiles yet. AFAIK the city council doesn't even know they've purchased it yet but it is installed in thier city hall. Scanning the 700 band you can hear them testing the system but its not in daily use. I think thats because they havent figured out how they will be able to talk to neighboring cities, county and state units.

The Boise system I believe is at the same stage as Bannock County, just "testing" but they've got equipment sitting in a warehouse.

Anyone know more?

N7CVR

Feed Provider
700MHz .pdf for Idaho

Where is the .pdf located for the 700MHz frequencies for all counties in Idaho?

Thanks,
CR

IdaScan

Premium Subscriber
I have a copy of the final plan for the 700 MHz allocation Band Plan for Idaho. I'm slowly bringing it online; posting the PDF which is roughly 80 pages to cover 5 pages of frequencies would be a waste of bandwidth on our servers. I'll make sure I post it here along with IdaScan YahooGroup when I upload it to the IdaScan.com server.

-AJ, K6LOR
Webmaster - IdaScan.com

N7CVR

Feed Provider
Idaho 700MHz Frequencies & Bandplan

Great! Look forward to seeing the frequencies and plan for layout across Idaho.

Chuck

have a copy of the final plan for the 700 MHz allocation Band Plan for Idaho. I'm slowly bringing it online; posting the PDF which is roughly 80 pages to cover 5 pages of frequencies would be a waste of bandwidth on our servers. I'll make sure I post it here along with IdaScan YahooGroup when I upload it to the IdaScan.com server.

-AJ, K6LOR
Webmaster - IdaScan.com[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.