• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Baofeng and CHIRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheelerg

Premium Subscriber
Any Canadians had luck using the CHIRP software to access RR with an account to obtain direct downloads of freqs? when I go to access my account on RR via CHIRP it will ask for my usual name and password then it asks for my zip code and when I put my postal code in, it tells me the county is not recognized???
"server raised error invalid county id "
any ideas?
I have posed this same question on CHIRP site but no responses received (fyi)
Gary

Last edited:

wheelerg

Premium Subscriber
Never received any helpful info on it...... had to go manually the old fashioned way. great little radio I must say, have two of them now and they work like a charm.

KD8DVR

Any Canadians had luck using the CHIRP software to access RR with an account to obtain direct downloads of freqs? when I go to access my account on RR via CHIRP it will ask for my usual name and password then it asks for my zip code and when I put my postal code in, it tells me the county is not recognized???
"server raised error invalid county id "
any ideas?
I have posed this same question on CHIRP site but no responses received (fyi)
Gary

Did you submit a bug report through proper channels? Actually, saw nothing there.

I went and submitted a feature request:

Feature #2811: Allow Canadian ZIP codes to download from RR database - CHIRP

ageojones

Premium Subscriber
premium membership

I only signed up to the premium service so that I could use the web service with CHIRP... getting the same invalid county ID message. Not happy, that was a waste of $40 CAD :(

Aero125

Just a thought, with all the time trying to troubleshoot and figure out how to import the info, just manually enter it into CHIRP. Its only a maximum of 128 analog channels. It's also fun to customize the order of channels and name them what you want.

trapazz1

Premium Subscriber
I only signed up to the premium service so that I could use the web service with CHIRP... getting the same invalid county ID message. Not happy, that was a waste of $40 CAD :(

l feel your pain as being new to the game and this being my first radio and being made to believe if l upgrade it will be easy to program it. live and learn

Spark_Gap

invalid county id ??????????

I also cannot use any program feature in Chirp for my radio, even after paying full Premium Fee ... wtf ?

Username and Password is fine, and triple check confirmed .... Just this damn "Invalid County ID"

Firstly we don't even have "County's" in Australia, sounds like the Wild Wild West.....and secondly I do not recall (Nor can I find) anywhere within Chirp where it asks for any such county code, or zip code etc etc ??

Why don't admin answer this issue after it's paid members asking the same question for three(3) years in a row ??

C'Mon Chirp Gods...... Please help us paid users XOXOX

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I also cannot use any program feature in Chirp for my radio, even after paying full Premium Fee ... wtf ?

Username and Password is fine, and triple check confirmed .... Just this damn "Invalid County ID"

Firstly we don't even have "County's" in Australia, sounds like the Wild Wild West.....and secondly I do not recall (Nor can I find) anywhere within Chirp where it asks for any such county code, or zip code etc etc ??

Why don't admin answer this issue after it's paid members asking the same question for three(3) years in a row ??

C'Mon Chirp Gods...... Please help us paid users XOXOX

The issue is with the Chirp software and not Radio Reference. I would contact the author of the software as opposed to trying to accuse Radio Reference of ignoring this issue for 3 years.

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
Post to Jim at the Chirp website, "Danplanet...."
RR has nothing to do with Chirp's program. I've used Chirp for a couple of years and no problems. Here in the States we have counties, you don't, and the software is looking for that, "county". You don't have that in your country.
Contact Jim, he or they will work with you on that issue.

Spark_Gap

Kevin.C .... I'm fully aware the issue is with Chirp, and that's why I posted this in the relevant 'Baofeng -
Chirp" thread etc..... However at some point Chirp is obviously accessing RR database to confirm login/password and perhaps county code ?

I wasn't accusing anyone of anything, it was merely a tongue in cheek appeal to the "Chirp Gods" that I know frequent this forum to answer this question that your members have been asking for over three years without a single helpful reply from anyone. Likewise the fault has been raised as a ticket with Chirp many times without any action whatsoever.

Sorry if I offended anyone with this waste of electrons, but it is very disappointing to actually pay for a web membership, only to find it will not do as it's advertised. This forum has been described as the best place to find answers to such dilemma's as I'm told there is so much knowledge and experience here with Chirp etc.... so I came here for help <3

Cheers :)

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
You've not wasted any money here at RR. This site does exactly what it's suppose to do and does.
YOU have to contact "danplanet..." and explain to THEM what you are having a problem with Chirp.
RR's not responsible for you to do the right thing.
Get the chip of your shoulder and CONTACT "danplanet...". Can't be said any simpler than that.
shees

Spark_Gap

Thanks for the flaming guys...... Was just sincerely asking for help from you, not trying to ruffle any feathers.

As mentioned, I'd been told you guys were a great source of experience and information, and that you were also extremely intelligent & helpful.

Sorry for any misunderstanding, but if I'd joined an Automobile/Vehicle forum...... and had a whinge and asked for advice about a fault with my new Mazda....... Would I get flamed by people thinking I was blaming the forum ??? No.... I think not.

Isn't a vehicle forum the appropriate place to make such inquiries, especially after not receiving any response from Mazda etc ???

And for the record, I have just paid US $30 to you guys as a Premium Member for the flaming.... and there is still no help in sight for the original Chirp issue.

I'm keen to find an answer to the issue, along with many other people it seems. My ears remain open for help, and my shoulder chipless. Once again, sorry if I didn't ask in the proper format xo

Thanks ;)

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you want help from the writer(s) of CHIRP, the best place to post issues in in the CHIRP/danplanet forums, not here. The CHIRP author(s) do not browse this forum with any regularity, at least not openly. If you've been a member here for three years, it's reasonable to expect that you'd know that.

And "Why don't admin answer this issue after it's paid members asking the same question for three(3) years in a row ??" reasonably parses to an accusation against RR. The only "paid members" at either site belong to RR, not danplanet. So if you don't want people to accuse you of blaming this forum/site for problems elsewhere, then don't post things that explicitly blame this site for problems elsewhere. That may not be what you intended to say, but it is the meaning of the words you wrote.

Pointing that out isn't "flaming."

Status
Not open for further replies.