• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Baofeng bf-f8

Status
Not open for further replies.

redneckcellphone

Premium Subscriber
Been using the baofeng bf-f8 for a few days now at work and besides for the obvious dead spots where I can't hear anyone or have anyone hear me do to not having a repeater the radio was working great. Just now I was using it and I could see someone was transmitting ie my boss the speaker had no sound. Shortly after the radio worked and I heard someone else ask me if I copied.

I don't have another antenna to use right now to test it until I get home so other than testing that is there something else I can do to see why it's not working.

connor - wqnd300

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
If your boss was talking on a repeater and you are close enough to him his transmitter might be de-sensing your receiver causing you NOT to hear him.
BB

KD8DVR

Or, the boss was simply on another channel. It is possible supervisors use a different channel when they want to only communicate with other supervisors.

fieldho

Premium Subscriber
When you set up the icom did you do it or was it issued to you. I like the CCTSS code answer. Just maybe, the icom was already programed with a code that you were unaware of and didn't transfer it to your other radio. I believe the F8+ has a code scanning feature that only works while there is a transmission being received, that will identify the correct code if there is one. Tell me about the BaoFeng F8+. Do you like the reversed LCD screen, is it readable? Sorry, is that the BF-F8 or the BF-F8+? The different models have my head spinning trying to keep them straight. I think I'm going to pick up an F8+. I liked the the good looks of the GT-3 (same internal parts) but decided to go with the BF+ because of the compatibility with the old Uv5 batteries. 73 good luck.
Dave
'

princo

Does the radio have a squelch knob or is it set in the menu? If it's in the menu, I'd try fiddling with it a little.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
if the other party is too close these receivers tend to overload and you get no audio. i find that at work when others are really close i receive nothing.

taboudarajr

Alert Tones

Does anyone know if the BF-F8+ will accept DTMF alert tones (similar to Fire Pager tones)? The literature is obviously woefully lacking in data like this...

Thanks...

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It will play them as audio, but isn't going to do anything else with them. You can send them with the keypad while the mic is keyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.