• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Baofeng list of non-uthorized sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.

XTS3000

And they are changing the name of their future radios to Pofung! Lol

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
One of our local tourist attractions has purchased a pile of these ....so many issues with people poking whatever they want in them.....unreal

rapidcharger

Hey I've got a question for Po Fung.

I saw someone on ebay selling some radios called
Mo' Dung
that look identical.

Are these legit?

I asked the seller and the seller replied;
"Dear Sir kindly,
Mo'Dung walkie talkie premium brand. Only is the authorized reseller. Beware of any other seller with name fake. Fake name listed below:

Baofeng
Po Fung
Panda Casting
BearTurd

Only buy from authorized one seller name Lindawang. Lindawang to sell top quality genuine walkie talkie.
"

SCPD

QRT
Too funny. I'm thinking it's there way of marketing. I've seen I don't know how many baofeng models all the same just different housings. I have one only because it was given to me. I went and got the extended battery for it. Comparing it to one's a few ham buddies got there all basically the same. I've already seen the same models re listed from the sellers they say with pofung labels lol. I don't like these as its easy fpr someone to key up on public safety or other freqs. I ran across a few ppl using them as scanners and noticed they were keying up accidently. I informed them of the lay of the land and offered to correct problem. I told them at least set a frs split or murs if there going to do that and also noted to them they are license required radios. A few weren't aware of that and figured it was like bubble pack radios at wal mart.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
"One of the unfortunate consequences of building a successful premium brand is there are too many sellers from ebay sell Baofeng/Pofung products without get authorization from Baofeng company."

LOL @ them thinking it's a premium brand.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up_zps9dde0bcd.gif

SCPD

QRT
Lol I think after using one handed to me free it's a beginner type radio. After while hand to next. I'm not a beginner but there is a menu to disable front panel options. I basically turned mine Into a noaa weather reciever doing a split for the tx on frs. For accidental key ups. If they were a premium brand they'd have something like actual Pl decode without burst mdc similar functions and ptt inhibit option. And a larger unit. They seen a market for the "preppers" and went for it. I seen idk how many buy the various types of them and honestly therr all the same thing just re named re cased. Sucker born every minute.

Elfnetdesigns

I got a pair of Boafeng BF-888s to demo and test and found out straight away the receivers were crap. They were deaf as a post and could not hear a radio 1,000 feet away!..
Needless to say I sent them back and refused to become a dealer for them until they got their act together.
The UV5B or B5 as I call it is actually a better radio if your into fancy backlighted LCD screens and hobby ham feel radios..

Status
Not open for further replies.