• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Baofeng BAOFENG UV-5R Im NEW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im trying to download the frequencies in my area ! Im using CHIRP but its not letting me do it com Radio Reference It keeps saying (Not Responding) when I try to log in into to my account! Yes Im a paid member of Radio Reference! Thank you I included an image BAFNG.jpg

n0xvz

Premium Subscriber
That looks like your computer might be bogging down with the software, not the RR database. What operating system are you using? How much RAM do you have? What other processes do you have running in the background?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Im trying to download the frequencies in my area ! Im using CHIRP but its not letting me do it com Radio Reference It keeps saying (Not Responding) when I try to log in into to my account! Yes Im a paid member of Radio Reference!

When you attempt to use the Radio Reference database there is two options, Import From Data Source and Query Data Source, I can not get the query option to work, however the import option does work. Did you try both?

That looks like your computer might be bogging down with the software, not the RR database. What operating system are you using? How much RAM do you have? What other processes do you have running in the background?
Thank you for your reply ! I will check

When you attempt to use the Radio Reference database there is two options, Import From Data Source and Query Data Source, I can not get the query option to work, however the import option does work. Did you try both?
Thank you for your reply ! I will check when I login into my computer

As for operating system it’s windows I will get back to you on the other question thanks

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
If you are in Fullerton CA there will be little that you will be able to program/receive. Orange County uses an 800MHz trunked digital (P25) system. Your radio can neither receive 800MHz nor follow a trunked system nor decode P25. It is almost useless in that area.

Most public safety systems in OC are encrypted anyway.

Last edited:
If you are in Fullerton CA there will be little that you will be able to program/receive. Orange County uses an 800MHz trunked digital (P25) system. Your radio can neither receive 800MHz nor follow a trunked system nor decode P25. It is almost useless in that area.

Most public safety systems in OC are encrypted anyway.
Thank you for your reply! Yea i noticed I'm trying to get as much as I am able to ! unfortunately a lot of it is encrypted

So this is what it reads 4.00 GB (3.42 GB usable)

Its from Query Data Source ! I don't see an Import From Data Source option ! What are you using to downloads the frequencies ??

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Its from Query Data Source ! I don't see an Import From Data Source option ! What are you using to downloads the frequencies ??

It will not let you do it unless there is a img file open, open a file or download from radio, then it will allow you to use the import, this opens a new window for you to choose from.

Untitled.jpg

TomLine

A RTL-SDR with SDR# (sdr-sharp) would show your local traffic pretty well.
I had trouble downloading from radioreference into SDRTRUNK as I was using my email address instead of my actual user id.
I bet you can hear FRS and MURS, and 2 meter repeaters in your area just driving around. Chirp is great, but the syntax takes some time to digest.

Status
Not open for further replies.