• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

baofeng uv-5ra and PL's/DPL's on repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty909

So i need a little help here. At work we use motorola ht750's, cp200's, and xpr6100's (digital) we have a repeater with a input of 469.0250 and output of 464.0250 standard 5+ offset. I dont know the PL tone but i found the DPL is 723. I can hear all radio traffic on the output with the DPL programmed but i cant key other radios/ the repeater even if im within a few feet. Can someone help me out? Im also able to key other repeaters on UHF and VHF with PL's so im sure im programming this the right way.

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
It is one or the other for PL or DPL, not both. Be sure you have programmed the correct PL or DPL for both transmit and receive. I have heard that chirp has difficulty with PL or DPL. Maybe others can enlighten the rest of us.
BB

teufler

well , as noted, if its dpl, is not pl,
your columns in chirp should be
464.265, dtcs, dcs code 723, nn dcs pol, duplex +, offset 5.000
you can receive WITHOUT THE CORRECT CODES, there are repeaters that use one code to receive and another code for transmit, Either the comminications dept can tell you, or someone with a scanner or a transmitter that does code search can tell you more..Its possible you skipped the duplex setting.

matty909

I actually dont use chirp. I do quite better with the front keypad. And on the note of a DPL being different for tx and rx i did happen to come across something but i cant remember it but ill look and post the link

matty909

And im sorry i just realized a little error i made, our ht750, and cp200 are analog and the xpr6100 are digital (i really dont care for digital because their not as loud and working at a fair and other loud events i need something i can hear vs. Something clipped on my belt looking pretty)

KC9HI

Premium Subscriber
So i need a little help here. At work we use motorola ht750's, cp200's, and xpr6100's (digital) we have a repeater with a input of 469.0250 and output of 464.0250 standard 5+ offset. I dont know the PL tone but i found the DPL is 723. I can hear all radio traffic on the output with the DPL programmed but i cant key other radios/ the repeater even if im within a few feet. Can someone help me out? Im also able to key other repeaters on UHF and VHF with PL's so im sure im programming this the right way.

Transmit using one of the radios that can access the repeater and use the UV-5R to scan for the CTCSS tone or DCS code that is being transmitted to the repeater. It may be that the tone/code that the repeater requires for access is different from the tone it transmits.

Jim KC9HI

matty909

Transmit using one of the radios that can access the repeater and use the UV-5R to scan for the CTCSS tone or DCS code that is being transmitted to the repeater. It may be that the tone/code that the repeater requires for access is different from the tone it transmits.

Jim KC9HI

Thank you, i will try this. Also are all pl tones standard?

teufler

sure dcs or digital codes is just another codiing scheme that was used. Sometimes called digital private line. none od the coding, pl tones or dpol dcs, really make you private n the senxse that no one can hear you. You restrioct what you have to listen too. A community repeater, users had individual codes, so they head only there account holders, you have a "busy" light that lite up to tell you the repeater was beding used, so you waited until the light went off. Some of the Motorola radios had a mic clip that was grounded. With the mic grounded, you heard only what you wanted to. Others just took the mic and left it hanging over the radio, ungrounded. They would hear all traffic. Some analog users starting using a dcs code. Baofeng uv5's can program a dcs code as well as a pl tone, either in a send mode or full ctcss or full dcs..Now a true digital radio used a nac code, then when the user went to a digital trunking system, the nac was dropped. The users talk group function like a pl tone or a dcs code.

Status
Not open for further replies.