• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Baofeng UV-82L question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTW

Ok, just picked up a Baofeng UV-82L. I’ve downloaded and installed both the Baofeng SW as well as the CHIRP SW, both seem to work well except I can’t figure out how to program “Channel B” independently from “Channel A”. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

mm

Did you meant to say vfo a and vfo b?

In chirp click SETTINGS on the left then click/select WORK MODE SETTINGS and you'll see vfo a frequency and vfo b frequency entry fields.

Enter your frequencies such as 147.000 don't forget the decimal point when using CHIRP.

Also it is just as simple to enter vfo a and vfo b from the keypad.

If the radio is in Memory mode turn the radio off, hold in Menu and turn the radio on until you hear a double Beep.

PRESS MENU then press the 7 they then press MENU again until a down arrow is on the lower display next press either the up or down arrow key on the keypad to turn TDR off then press EXIT/AB.

Press EXIT/AB to select the upper line of the display to enter a frequency for VFO A, you'll see a Up arrow adjacent to the LCD frequency display or press EXIT/AB a second time to get to the lower display/vfo b, you'll see the down arrow displayed on the lcd next to vfo b frequency.

Enter the desired frequency using the keypad, for example 147000, the decimal will already be filled in for you.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
New UV-82

You can't. They can be set up to monitor different frequencies, but the list is the same in both. Using the unique PTT, you can jump back and forth easily, although I haven't found a really good use for this feature.

mm

ok, I misunderstood what you wanted, it wasn't very clear what you were asking but understanding it now jaspence is correct, it is what it is.

the top freq is from the same main list as the bottom freq is.

It would be nice if you could have the top frequencies all from one VHF zone and the bottom frequencies all from another UHF zone with 128 channels available for each.

Also with the processor being masked ROM based there isn't any possibility of future software updates.

For~40 dollars it's not bad.

LTW

Thanks for the info. As you said, "for 40.00 it's not bad". But it would be even nicer if I could set it up that way. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.