Barberton going digital in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsoltis

Premium Subscriber
As reported in today's local paper a vote will take place at the council meeting 11/13 to approve a contract with Motorola. The contract needs to be signed by 11/21 for a price lock. FEMA money and a local match will be used to pay for the conversion.

The actual switch is not anticipated before August and will effect all of the city's radios.

Neighboring Norton is already fully digital.

jsoltis

Premium Subscriber
Can you provide a link to the article?

Thanks!

The Paper is "The Barberton Herald" a small local weekly. Their online edition is an extra charge subscription. I only have a print subscription.

I could make a copy of the article and email it to you for private use but I suspect public distribution would not be legal.

For the uses here they might be willing to authorize a reuse if you call them @ 330-753-1068.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks. I interpreted "local" as the ABJ. I forgot about the Barberton Harold.

jsoltis

Premium Subscriber
New joint dispatch center possibly by July

Just announced. The following is from the Barberton Herald via Facebook

"A joint dispatch center moved closer to reality with the Jan. 24 creation of the Southwest Summit Council of Governments (SWSCOG). The center, to be at the Norton Fire Station, is a cooperative effort among Barberton, Norton and Copley Township.
Norton Mayor Mike Zita was elected president of SWSCOG with Barberton Mayor Bill Judge vice president and Copley Township Board of Trustees President Scott Dressler fiscal officer.
Plans call for the center to be operating by July 1.
Judge lauded the efforts of the police and fire departments from the three communities. "This is a great day for all of us. The dispatch center will improve service and reduce costs at the same time," he said."

Status
Not open for further replies.