Barcode Scanner to Arduino/Interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mafan

So lucky to join this community.
Recently I've got an old barcode scanner that I've decided that I want to connect to an Arduino Uno(for the purposes of wireless transmission). After poking around I've found some information that states that basically it should act like an old AT(http://www.kynix.com/Detail/76828/AT.html) Keyboard. I haven't even gotten to the coding part of it, but my findings with a scope are providing me what I think are garbage waveforms. This uses the old DIN5 connector, which has clock and data lines.

I have:
Vcc - 5V
Gnd - gnd
clock - 2(on attached scope waveform)
data - 1

This is the waveform I get on scanning. Otherwise they both hold at 5V.
https://i.imgur.com/XM96iXw.png
From my understanding, the clock line is supposed to, well, be a clock!

I have looked at the following resources trying to figure this out. AT Keyboard/Mouse protocol - HwB Interfacing the PC's Keyboard.
I can't seem to find anything for the particular model of scanner I have (Unitech MS283). There exist no manuals online that I can find.

I guess the question here is; is there any sort of circuit that I'd need, or some control from the PC that's missing in my testing? And if this does turn out to be the actual signal, where should I look for programming for this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Premium Subscriber
You're posting in the wrong forum on the wrong site. On RadioReference.com, "scanning" refers to radio receivers that scan multiple channels, not barcode scanners.

Last edited by a moderator:

ecps92

I think he has the correct site....

It looks like he wants to use the old wireless bar-code scanner to transmit
I remember some of those in the 467.7xxx Band back in the 80/90's

I could be wrong.......wouldn't be the first or last time :cool:

You're posting in the wrong forum on the wrong site. On RadioReference.com, "scanning" refers to radio receivers that scan multiple channels, not barcode scanners. Read before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.