bargersville FD

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would the Control channel be for bargersville fire? i have the johnson county safe t in my 996 and if i hold on bargersville fd it scrolls bargersville fd disp... finding CC , on my screen

jerk

indyscannerfreak said:
What would the Control channel be for bargersville fire? i have the johnson county safe t in my 996 and if i hold on bargersville fd it scrolls bargersville fd disp... finding CC , on my screen
This means you don't have an active correct CC programmed in your scanner. Or it's not being received by the scanner.
There is one or two Control Channels wrong in the database for Johnson County.
I noticed that the last time I was through the area, but someone closer will have to submit the corrections. (Lots of experts in that part of the state, would not want to hurt their feelings ;) )

What site are you trying to receive... I think what I have in my scanner all worked, but not separated by site.

W9NES

Make sure you have your scanner programmed for the safe-t site tower that is located near you and make sure you have the safe-t frequencies programed in order.

jerk

Try one or all of the following frequencies

These are some current Control Channels
try programming these:

thanks for them freqs, i had the same ones but i put them in your order and its better now..someone else said to program the scanner to the closest safe-t site to me i have never done that , im just north of beech grove what is the site nearest to me? and how do you program a 996 for one site?

jerk

indyscannerfreak said:
thanks for them freqs, i had the same ones but i put them in your order and its better now..someone else said to program the scanner to the closest safe-t site to me i have never done that , im just north of beech grove what is the site nearest to me? and how do you program a 996 for one site?
Just add the one site only in the System, BeechGrove is in Marion County Correct?
Then the closest would be Greenwood.
I've attached a 996 File with the frequencies added, you'll have to do the ID or groups you want. It is set for search also, so you'll receive everything. I did add Bargersville ID's
this is all the frequencies for that site.

Last edited:

Viper43

I pick up Bargersville and all Johnson Co units on both the Indianapolis ISP 52 tower and Fairland towers as well as the Johnson county towers.
If there are incorrect frequencies you can always find the correct frequencies by looking for them in the FCC database which is always up to date. Use the Universal Licensing System which you can access the main search page here: http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchAdvanced.jsp
Where you are you should be able to hear the Johnson Co towers with no problem.

W9NES

If you are north of Beech Grove there is a safe-t tower in the area of 465 and 65 on the south side of town.My mother in law lives at 465 and Emerson Ave and when I have my Uniden Bc-396T with me I get the Dist 52 safe-t site just fine.I also hear Johnson County and Boone County with others on the system.

jerk

What I meant when I said some frequencies were not correct is that some of the Control Channels are not correct in the database. Or at least one site is.
There may be more if you only use Control Channel only trunking.

But I've been told time and time again that I don't know anything... I don't know this (Indy) area... etc.

So I'll leave it up the the Central Indiana "experts" to check it out and submit updates to the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.