"Barking" on 159.2250 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Here's an interesting one for you which I find amazing how idiots can be. I have programmed in 159.2250 from Burlington fire and had it set for the PL search. Usually in the morning I get some moron making barking noises over the frequency and the PL comes up as 123.0 (and I get a chuckle out of it too). Its definitely a repeated or cross-band system by the sound of it.

Now I know Burlington is a PL of 100.0 (hardly get them) and the only other frequency license I have come up with is for the US Foresty service if I remember right to be exact on Long island, however that has a different PL listed.

I've also tried to track down on a side band of the frequency to see what is the correct center frequency, seems to be what I have listed.

Take a listen, usually it "occurs" around 10 am give or take.

Obviously someone got their hands on a "toy" and know how to recharge it, as this has been going on for a while.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I think its a different person jazz. Or they could be related!!! :)

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
159.2250 PL 123.0 is the New York State Department of Enviromental Conservation. Translated, I believe it is the state parks. Its possible they are using a cross interconnected repeater.

haleve

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Barking On 159.225 MHz

K-9 dogs have been going out on solo patrol for years down here in Florida, this particular dog is running radar on I-4 just north of Orlando.

Attachments

• policedog.jpg
    policedog.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 650
I look at it two ways:

1) Dogs already love chasing cars, right?
2) "K-9 Unit" vehicles are already lettered and ready to go!

I carry Milk Bones in the glove box... just in case.

RadioDaze

hey radiodaze, if that avatar is a picture of you, maybe it was that fancy yellow hat that set him off-lol

That's actually me, but I Photoshopped the hardhat onto my pic. I think the problem was my attitude: I didn't sniff his butt when he pulled me over, which he felt was a snub. (I can't help it if I'm socially awkward.)

Hey radiodaze, I liked your old profile pic that was I think that Mission Impossible character ? K9 says WQQf!
I had Peter Graves as Capt. Oveur from Airplane. But I also had Leslie Nielsen as Dr. Rumack from Airplane. I change Avatars just slightly more often than I change my shorts, and even I can't keep track.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Happened again the other day, he said "Ruff-ruff, woobowwooowwwbowbowowwooowow, rooooofruuufffbarkbarkbark, yipyyip, rawrs."
\
Any translation? I speak only French Poodle, Mastiff, puttbull and Pekinese. I think its German Shepard.

haleve

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Famous K-9's

Detective Sgt. Cujo McGruff of this departments cat burglar squad.

Attachments

• Det. Cujo Mcgruff (Cat Burgler Squad).jpg
    Det. Cujo Mcgruff (Cat Burgler Squad).jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Izzy....see what you've started? Funniest damn thread I've read in a long time. Great K-9 pics!

I'm laughing so hard, the wife came into the room to see what's going on!

Russell

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Izzy....see what you've started? Funniest damn thread I've read in a long time. Great K-9 pics!

I'm laughing so hard, the wife came into the room to see what's going on!

Russell

Hey, sometimes we have to be serious, but at the same time we need to laugh and have some good fun! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.