Barnstable mass police channel use

Status
Not open for further replies.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Hi I am hoping someone from the area has insight to why Barnstable police who have a channel on the MSP system and also have 855.2125 (dpl 445) use the 800 channel and do not use the channel on the MSP system like all the other police depts on the cape. I am here on vacation and was just curious, they have been real busy lately up here.
Thanks for any info you can share

ecps92

There are a few Departments who have an ALT [Back up] channel on the MSP TRS, but remain on conventional repeaters for daily operations.

Why ? some guessing, unless someone who works for them replies.
a. They had the 800 Conventional before being allowed on the Trunk - so we are staying put
b. The volume of their traffic, would impact the MSP Zone so they stay Conventional
c. We spent $$, we will use it. But we have the back up on the Trunk and do use it when the primary system goes down.
d. Insert so many other speculations
Hi I am hoping someone from the area has insight to why Barnstable police who have a channel on the MSP system and also have 855.2125 (dpl 445) use the 800 channel and do not use the channel on the MSP system like all the other police depts on the cape. I am here on vacation and was just curious, they have been real busy lately up here.
Thanks for any info you can share

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
There are a few Departments who have an ALT [Back up] channel on the MSP TRS, but remain on conventional repeaters for daily operations.

Why ? some guessing, unless someone who works for them replies.
a. They had the 800 Conventional before being allowed on the Trunk - so we are staying put
b. The volume of their traffic, would impact the MSP Zone so they stay Conventional
c. We spent $$, we will use it. But we have the back up on the Trunk and do use it when the primary system goes down.
d. Insert so many other speculations
Thanks buddy yeah they all make sense to a point lol

Status
Not open for further replies.