Barona Tribal Enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Haven't heard them on the RCS for a few weeks...did they change talkgroups or go encrypted?

Paul

Mike_G_D

I'm still receiving them fine today - 6/18/2021. I listen to north and west sites. P25 RX receiver (great unit, btw!).

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
What talkgroup are you picking them up on? There was a long duration incident the other night working with Sheriffs and Borona was involved gathering witnesses, relaying info about a gunman, no a peep on the old talkgroup, and I double checked nothing was locked out. :(

Paul

Mike_G_D

What talkgroup are you picking them up on? There was a long duration incident the other night working with Sheriffs and Borona was involved gathering witnesses, relaying info about a gunman, no a peep on the old talkgroup, and I double checked nothing was locked out. :(

Paul
1801 decimal. Don't think it's changed. Maybe they aren't affiliating on the system you normally listen to...? Change of site coverage areas maybe...?? Grasping at straws here - but they are pretty active. Just heard them again just now.

I monitor the West and North sites. Only one's I can get really from where I am in Vista with a small inside antenna.

-Mike

jimbrogers

Premium Subscriber
1801 is Correct, it's working. I hear Sheriff on there as well. Hearing on East and West on inside antenna. HOA does not allow me to put antenna outside.
I'm in Ramona, it gets interesting sometimes.
The Rez has more cameras than you think, a while back I stopped and got gas, then pulled off into the lot to make a phone call and was talking for a while and then a tribal officer stopped back to check me out.
They follow expulsions off the Rez.

Mike_G_D

Yeah, I kinda figured - about the cameras. When I hear them I often hear the dispatcher describing some potential suspect as if she is looking right at them and suspected that she was looking at a camera view.

They do make some interesting listening! Them and the MTS police folks I can hear now that they are on the RCS instead of their old VHF frequencies.

The addition of the latter almost makes up for the loss of the Port Authority folks after they went all encrypted.

-Mike

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I heard them last night on South site...I don't have West site coverage on my SDS100, perhaps units previously just werent afiliating on South, but that's not common.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.