Barren County EMS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
Any advice on locating Barren/Metcalfe Ambulance Service? During the passed year they have been on 155.655 / P25 /500NAC with varying transmitter power. Now they have once again disappeared. The trucks still have the vhf HI and uhf antennas. Their FCC lic is for 155.5425 but nothing there. They have been using, I believe, the Barren Co Emergency Mngt freq of 155.655. Searches are not yielding results. Any suggestions appreciated. No luck on the UHF Med freqs also.

David
Warren Co

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
Ok Thanks Wbutler1. I am in s/e Warren co and still no-joy on receiving. Either they've cranked down the transmitting power or my discone ant is messed up.

David

Wbutler1

Cave City Pd switched to P25 Yesterday and Glasgow PD switched over to P25 today. Barren Co. slowly phasing over to digital.

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Can receive all Barren Co but for some reason, still no luck on BC EMS but have in the past....

coulterman17

No lower transmit power, might want to check your antenna or it could just be your location. We will be reprogramming their repeater and radios to their licensed frequencies in the near future.

Ljessie

I live in Edmonton and the 155.5425 with 500 isn’t working for me? Any suggestions?

Ljessie

Yes. As soon as I sent the message I put my scanner in a certain position and picked it up on the 155.5425 but it’s all over the place. It will come in clear and then break up. I have the Whistler ws1040 handheld if you have any suggestions?

Wbutler1

I have the ws1040 as well but it's hooked up to an external antenna. You might check the super track feature and see if it's on.

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
Still, negative reception in Warren County area on 155.5425 500NAC. Up until a few months ago I could monitor them on handheld scanner. Negative on base or handheld now. Base discone antenna relocated and still no signal.

David/Warren Co

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
Still no results on reception. I will still continue to try though. Maybe a different antenna and location. All other Barren Co public safety continues to be L&C. Thanks for the suggestions.

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
Follow-up:
Now able to receive Barren/Metcalfe EMS on 155.5425/500NAC w/S9 signal after several months w/no reception. No mods on equipment were made.

David
S/E Warren County

Status
Not open for further replies.