Barrett BC91200 3-Wire Terminated Folded Dipole Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
I can find all the information in the world for this antenna but I cannot find a price. My brother in law had this antenna that he purchased from a ham swap meet in its original box about a year ago. The box disintegrated and the instructions that came with it disappeared. I printed the instructions off of the Barrett Communications website and as far as I can remember, they are what was with the antenna. He did use the 30 meters of RG-58 coax that came with it. That is OK as I would use at least RG-8X with it.

The website is: https://www.barrettcommunications.c...adband-dip-instal-multi-wire-125W-BC91200.pdf .

All I need is a price that I could sell it for on ebay or here on the classifieds. The antenna is between 90 and 100 feet long and is three wires wide and can be mounted inverted which makes it omni-directional or straight between masts which will make it directional. It looks like, from what I can find, that it was made for the Australian Army. It will handle up to 200 Watts but the stainless wire looks like it could handle 5KW, lol. I imagine the baluns are not rated for more than 200 Watts. It's frequency range is 2 to 30 MHz, although some salesman says it will go up to 6 meters with no problem. It still has all the wire ties holding the antenna for storage.

If anyone has ever seen a price on this they could give me some idea...

RFI-EMI-GUY

That looks like a pretty good antenna. I think I saw one recently for NVIS at a govt site. Need to look closely at my pictures for the balun.

You might have luck with one of the at least two armyradios or army radios groups on groups.io or in yahoo groups. The folks that buy "green radios" will pay a bit more for the real thing than an MFJ knock off antenna.

prcguy

I've seen prices on some of that stuff years ago and its not cheap. However, a new 90ft B&W 2 wire version rated at 1kW that costs $995 new only fetches a few hundred at the most NIB on Fleabay. I've got one 90ft stainless NIB and two copper wire B&Ws in the garage and I didn't pay more than $100 each for them on Ebay. Like anything else, there is only so much someone will pay for it and the major audience for that antenna is hams, and we are cheap.

I can find all the information in the world for this antenna but I cannot find a price. My brother in law had this antenna that he purchased from a ham swap meet in its original box about a year ago. The box disintegrated and the instructions that came with it disappeared. I printed the instructions off of the Barrett Communications website and as far as I can remember, they are what was with the antenna. He did use the 30 meters of RG-58 coax that came with it. That is OK as I would use at least RG-8X with it.

The website is: https://www.barrettcommunications.c...adband-dip-instal-multi-wire-125W-BC91200.pdf .

All I need is a price that I could sell it for on ebay or here on the classifieds. The antenna is between 90 and 100 feet long and is three wires wide and can be mounted inverted which makes it omni-directional or straight between masts which will make it directional. It looks like, from what I can find, that it was made for the Australian Army. It will handle up to 200 Watts but the stainless wire looks like it could handle 5KW, lol. I imagine the baluns are not rated for more than 200 Watts. It's frequency range is 2 to 30 MHz, although some salesman says it will go up to 6 meters with no problem. It still has all the wire ties holding the antenna for storage.

If anyone has ever seen a price on this they could give me some idea...

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, gentlemen, for getting me started. I will search some more about it and try to sell it for a fair price.

Status
Not open for further replies.